Rain Gear

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sparty

Rain Gear

Post by sparty »

Just got my waiver in the mail today, so hopefully I can be fully licensed tomorrow. Woohoo!!

I am planning to use my scooter mostly for commuting and probably will not ride in rain, but in the special cases where it rains when I return home, I would like to prepare for it.

Since some of the rain gears I saw cost around $50-$100, I would like to know what other people's favorite rain gear is. Slip on.. one piece, two piece, poncho?
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

I bought my husband a 2 piece at Wal Mart and I know I didn't pay over $30.00 for it.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

check out www.newenough.com.

they have some good stuff cheap.
songprayer

Post by songprayer »

I just got a plain yellow rain poncho at walmart (under $10) - If it is raining I put it on - If it looks like rain, or I expect it might, I just put the poncho in the cubby pocket in front (below the handlebars) - If it starts raining I just pull over and slide it on
sparty

Post by sparty »

That sounds like a great idea. No fancy rain gears for me....

Where are the ponchoes located in walmart?
Keys

Post by Keys »

I have the same thing Songprayer does. Only thing I do it secure the back half around me with a belt or bungee or something...otherwise it flaps straight out and I get wet back there. Ick.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Icelander

Post by Icelander »

songprayer wrote:I just got a plain yellow rain poncho at walmart (under $10) - If it is raining I put it on - If it looks like rain, or I expect it might, I just put the poncho in the cubby pocket in front (below the handlebars) - If it starts raining I just pull over and slide it on
I have a poncho that I would wear when I walked to work, but I'm too worried about it ballooning when I'm riding. But if it works out for you, I might be able to avoid buying rain pants and a jacket.
Not really from Iceland.