Scoots...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drum Pro

Scoots...

Post by Drum Pro »

Does anyone on this board agree with me that scooters are like potato chips!? You can't just have one. Get your ciggaretts.... We got 2 and 4 stroke flavors.. :lol: (addicting bastards)
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Please pass the dip :D
96 Decibel Freaks
Rusty J

Post by Rusty J »

It's not a habit, it's cool.

(...says the fellow with two running scooters and a third awaiting restoration)
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

First scooter in February, second in June ...... And I'm still thinking of the SYM Wolf Classic. Or a vintage Honda CB. Or a vintage Vespa. If I had a garage I'd be in big... BIG trouble.... Right here in River City. :oops:
96 Decibel Freaks
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Right now I'm up to 7
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
chub1965

Post by chub1965 »

absolutely,if i had unlimited money i would have hundreds.maybe build a track in the backyard you know the works.of course i would need a climate controlled garage to keep them in but back to your point yes,like chips.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I am powerless over scooters and sometimes my shifting is unmanagable.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Yeah, I want to start a scooter adoption agency, where I have a big garage full of various scoots. But, my wife says that kittens are more important....
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

The limiting factors for me were storage space, state taxes, registration & insurance fcosts, each a tiny expense per scoot, but when you have six bikes at the same time, it kinda adds up...

still, I'm jonesin'...
honi soit qui mal y pense
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

"Still I'm Jones'n" :rofl: I heard that!!! I have started seeing more and more scoots in my desert city. Mostly China scoots and I wish there was a scoot club in my city. There are tons of Harley clubs and even crotch rocket clubs. just a bit envious thats all...
Dracolibris

Post by Dracolibris »

I guess it all depends. I loved my first scooter so much, I never even thought of getting another one, until this year.

First scooter brought home Spring, 2004.
Second scooter, Spring, 2012.
Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I've reached the point where I really need to adopt a 'One In, One Out' policy.

Too many bikes, Not enough time.

It's hard to decide which ones to keep tho :/
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

skully93 wrote:Yeah, I want to start a scooter adoption agency, where I have a big garage full of various scoots. But, my wife says that kittens are more important....
You could always put the kittens in the pet carriers :)
scubadoobie

Post by scubadoobie »

Drum Pro wrote:.... I wish there was a scoot club in my city. There are tons of Harley clubs and even crotch rocket clubs. just a bit envious thats all...
Sounds like you need to start one! :idea: All it takes is one more scootster to make a club. :)
Scooting is good for the soul....

Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

scubadoobie wrote:
Drum Pro wrote:.... I wish there was a scoot club in my city. There are tons of Harley clubs and even crotch rocket clubs. just a bit envious thats all...
Sounds like you need to start one! :idea: All it takes is one more scootster to make a club. :)
In my neck of the woods..scratch that and replace with joshua trees, it's like we are all "ronin" scooterist...
batgirl101

Post by batgirl101 »

recently bought my third, and i'm casually looking for a motorcycle..
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Yes, i have 3 scooters, but I can stop anytime I want to.

Not really, I only want a couple, er, a few, more

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I have three, but only two run! Uh…

I'd have more if space and budget permitted. And wife. Every time I mention getting another, the response is, "Which one are you getting rid of?" PSHAW!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

ericalm wrote:I have three, but only two run! Uh…
Well obviously only the running ones count!

See I have two scooters by that defination. Not uh... umm... well do I count the motorcycles? :oops:

Anyway, Yes, I have TWO running scooters, thats it TWO running.

What bike do you have that doesn't run Eric?
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

I had 2 simultaneously twice so far...once when I had a Piaggion BV 250 and an Aprilia Scarabeo 100, traded them both on a Vespa LX 150; then the Vespa LX 150 and a Genuine Rattler 110, traded the Vespa on a motorcycle and kept the Rattler; Rattler traded on my Buddy and the first motorcycle traded on my Yamaha V Star 650; temporarily traded the Buddy on a smaller motorcycle (until I regained my sanity and the shop reversed the deal minus a few hundred dollars...I got the majority of my money back though, as well as the Buddy)

now it's my Buddy (Bianca) and my V Star (Cecille) and I'm broke!!! :wink:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JohnKiniston wrote:What bike do you have that doesn't run Eric?
'86 PX125. For starters, it needs a front brake assembly that's hard to get in the US, a carb job and all fuel lines replaced, clutch serviced. Then I'll take stock and dig into the engine. New gaskets, seals… this is why I've yet to get started on my project!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

How do you get a px registered in Califorina? And do you have to jump through flaming hoops or walk on a wire with blood thirsty gators below?
chas

Post by chas »

I'm not addicted. I can quit anytime I want...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Drum Pro wrote:How do you get a px registered in Califorina? And do you have to jump through flaming hoops or walk on a wire with blood thirsty gators below?
If there's a title or bill of sale, it's not a problem. It either needs to be more than 3 model years old or have over 7500 miles on the odometer. HOWEVER, unsurprisingly not all DMV employees know the full regs regarding this, especially the 3 model year part, which is buried deep in the CA vehicle code. BUT ALSO, they just passed some new regs regarding "classic vehicles" that makes it easier to register them.

Unfortunately, the PX has no title or plates. It was registered in Vermont at one time (and had VT plates), probably because you can register there without a title. It was given to me, gratis.

EDITED TO ADD: No, it's not stolen, I know the history of the scoot and where it came from!
Desert Thorn

Re: Scoots...

Post by Desert Thorn »

Drum Pro wrote:Does anyone on this board agree with me that scooters are like potato chips!? You can't just have one. Get your ciggaretts.... We got 2 and 4 stroke flavors.. :lol: (addicting bastards)
Good question .... where is the dip? :?: