Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I got my first double-sighting this morning. I was waiting out the light at Manchester and Sulphur in STL at 6:45, and heading east was a Mocha 170i. Just as I finish nodding to him, buzzing west comes a Seafoam 125 with a Prima pipe. Whoa. Three of us at once!
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a blue Buddy parked at the quick trip next to the Afghani restaurant on Starcrest yesterday evening.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Girl on a seafoam green Buddy with topcase, on Dekalb Ave near East Lake station around 4:30 today.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

ranette

Post by ranette »

Saw a Sea Foam Buddy 50 in the motorcycle parking area near City Hall Park in Burlington Vermont.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A couple days ago, around 7PM, woman on a Seafoam Buddy 125 on Lankershim Blvd. in the NoHo Arts District. Red Corazzo Ventata and red ladybug helmet! Pulled up and said, "Nice Stella." I replied, "Nice Buddy! I used to have one!" Then she sped away.

This afternoon, Yucca St. in Hollywood near Vine, Pamplona, rider and passenger, white helmets, pulled up and parked in front of Lost & Found.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

PeteH wrote:I got my first double-sighting this morning. I was waiting out the light at Manchester and Sulphur in STL at 6:45, and heading east was a Mocha 170i. Just as I finish nodding to him, buzzing west comes a Seafoam 125 with a Prima pipe. Whoa. Three of us at once!
I saw the same.seafoam Buddy today in the same area! Also saw a Pamplona and an Orange Buddy. Saw a second parked Orange Buddy in Dog Town. I was running errands all over the place today. But I wasn't on my Buddy :( I was on my Vespa because I needed the extra storage. I keep seeing Buddies but no one here ever says it was them. BTW, went to Shaw's coffee Pete!
96 Decibel Freaks
skully93

Post by skully93 »

A red Buddy on Speer in Denver I think?

Skullcap helmet, not strapped on, in shorts n flipflops....
fossel

Post by fossel »

been awhile ,but I saw a white buddy 125 turning left on leucadia blvd from the coast hyway
Pflower001

Post by Pflower001 »

Silver 170 on franklin at gower. :)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

brown 170i heading west on California Blvd in Pasadena around 4:45pm. female rider, 3/4 helmet. all i really noticed....
Riding is riding
chas

Post by chas »

Buddy Pamplona International headed Northbound on Redhill at Dyer approximately 9:30 AM today.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Saw a Roughhouse chained up on the sidewalk on Summer St. near Otis in Boston today.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
fossel

Post by fossel »

saw a orange buddy heading east on palomar airport rd.east of the 5
Demo_Nic

Post by Demo_Nic »

Saw a Buddy St. Tropez in front of First Class Pizza around noon in Fountain Valley, Ca off of Brookhurst and Ellis on 8-16-12.
fossel

Post by fossel »

saw a red buddy on sorrento vally blvd
Tam Tam

on McCullough

Post by Tam Tam »

Saw a seafoam Green Buddy heading up McCullough by the roundabout driven by a young lady with a red ladybug spotted helmet. ( I was leaving the Shell Station on my blackjack)
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

I saw a;
black Buddy, ridden by BSFF
another Buddy, I think blue, ridden by Jewls(?)
orange Stella
another scoot, I didn't quite notice
All in a small 'pack' Friday 17 August about 5-5:30pm on Rt 15 north, in Camp Hill Pa.
I was driving the company 'White Rhino'........
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

That must have some of the scooters going to the TMI Meltdown rally that was held in the area last weekend.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

RoaringTodd wrote:That must have some of the scooters going to the TMI Meltdown rally that was held in the area last weekend.
Yep..... I should have mentioned that.
That's why I think I knew who they were....
Nullius in verba
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

KABarash wrote:I saw a;
orange Stella
All in a small 'pack' Friday 17 August about 5-5:30pm on Rt 15 north, in Camp Hill Pa.
Yea dude, that was me and part of the DC contingent! A wet ride up, constant rain from Gettysburg. I saw you hollering at us, but I couldn't make out exactly what you were saying, I had no idea that was you. I thought it was just some random dude in a work van yelling at us, I was like "sure, ok dude, whatever you say". The guys at TMI said you came by asking about me earlier in the day.

So cool, first time I was spotted in this thread! And it wasn't even in my hometown. And Julie wasn't there this time unfortunately. Great rally, what an awesome weekend!
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:
KABarash wrote:I saw a;
orange Stella
Yea dude, that was me and part of the DC contingent! A wet ride up, constant rain from Gettysburg. I saw you hollering at us, but I couldn't make out exactly what you were saying, I had no idea that was you. I thought it was just some random dude in a work van yelling at us, I was like "sure, ok dude, whatever you say". The guys at TMI said you came by asking about me earlier in the day.

So cool, first time I was spotted in this thread! And it wasn't even in my hometown. And Julie wasn't there this time unfortunately. Great rally, what an awesome weekend!
Yep I was that 'random dude'

Sorry to hear the ride was wet, the rain didn't start in earnest here/there till just a short time before I saw you, it followed you up??
I stopped by about 6pm-ish never mentioned any names though.....
Nullius in verba
redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

Friday, 8/24, 'downtown' Alexandria, VA, King St., filtering along the right street side to get in position for a right turn at the light: Tangerine Buddy 50, youngish smiling healthy dude, flip-flops.

Ah, Dude...

Consider ye the asphalt road,
how like a belt-sander it is;
Look ye the tops of your tender toes -
that sander will give them the biz!

A mere moment's scrape, a power hone,
the blood and flying flecks!
the grinding away of tiny bones,
ten gory stumps all wrecked!
honi soit qui mal y pense
rfman81

Post by rfman81 »

Thursday morning saw a guy on a red buddy 125 off division street. He waved and sorta got unsteady. With so many buddy's in Nashville it sorta makes me wonder why I am the only one on here.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Emerald green 170, parked on the level below us in the garage, still has all the original stickers from the dealer and 27 miles on the odo. Maybe we're starting a trend in our building!
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

KABarash wrote: Yep I was that 'random dude' ...
Wow, we are sure used to being yelled at when we ride..When a woman rolled down her window in a car next to me and yelled "hey" I immedeately assumed I will get cussed at. She was the one who "liked my Buddy"...... :roll:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Capt_Don

Post by Capt_Don »

About a week ago I saw a Buddy 50 turn into the wal-mart lot in kirkwood and gave a honk.

Then two days ago at Cape Girardeau, when traveling down main street, I saw a two toned Buddy with a front rack out in front of a store.
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

nice green Stella with crash bars outside of Lowe's in the Edgewood Shopping Center in Atlanta yesterday!
jmer1234

Post by jmer1234 »

Pink Buddy with a girl in a pink sequins dress heading North on Broadway.
scootavaran

Post by scootavaran »

Finally saw a Stella today. It was packed in what looks like a used thrief store or something. It was closed so I couldn't check it out.
viennacoup

Post by viennacoup »

New Seafoam green 125 with wicker top box at grocery store on Bainbridge Island near Seattle.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Shiny new black Buddy with a windscreen on Frederick Road heading for Auburn here in Alabama Sunday morning. Anybody here?
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Pink Buddy turning east on Rt322 from WalMart
Hummelstown Pa
I think it was Saturday 1 Sept......
Nullius in verba
jeff from pa

Post by jeff from pa »

Green 170 at the Pike Place Market Monday Sept. 10 about 6:00. I saw it just after I bought my coffee at the original Starbucks.
Mutt the Hoople

Orange Buddy at Locust close to the Moto Museum, and a Saint Tropez Buddy on Manchester... We waved but I was on my creme Vespa. When I'm on my Buddy I see Vespa's, when I'm on my Vespa I see Buddies LOL
96 Decibel Freaks
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Buddy Pampolna west bound on Market St at 32nd St. Leymoine, Pa about 3pm Tuesday 11 Sept
Nullius in verba
ranette

Post by ranette »

Orange Buddy 125 parked near the back entrance to the Burlington Town Center mall in Burlington, VT.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

White Buddy with basket parked outside Priscilla's Coffee, Pass Ave. in Toluca Lake/Burbank. Two wheeler-y day at Priscilla's; there was also a GTS Super with split seat a couple spaces down, my ride, then a few scattered cruisers.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Last Sunday in Vail Village I saw a red Buddy, a pink Vespa and a blue Honda. I left a note onthe Buddy saying that I owned one and was looking for a scoot friend. (no response yet) Pink vespa owner was waiting tables or dining, I presume. The Blue Honda owner was a sarcastic, caustic airhead. Scratch Honda off my list.
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

Mutt the Hoople

Orange Buddy on Big Bend in Webster Groves... Very happy rider. I was in my Creme GTV. Red Buddy on Manchester Road just past Maplewood not quite to Brentwood Blvd. Also looking quite happy!
96 Decibel Freaks
fossel

Post by fossel »

saw a light blue buddy parked in downtown encinitas
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Saw a Pamplona in Boulder on Broadway and Baseline at 4:20 this afternoon.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Buddies everywhere! :lol:
I've been in Chicago for a little over a week, and if I took the time to document every Buddy I saw. I would do nothing else.
All different flavors, and sizes, mostly 50's, but in every style.
I've seen quite a few Stellas as well.
All in all, an ass-load of scooters have been seen this week.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

No Buddies but saw two Kymcos in the wild Sunday, and, for a change, got a wave from both.

We still don't have a Genuine dealer in the area so seeing the few Buddies I have is exceptional.
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Red 2006 Stella with modified handlebars in Avon Colorado. The best part of the encounter is that the owner & friend coached me as I learned to kick my MB 125Cc !!! What a great experience!!

avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

That would be 'kick start .'

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

avonpirate wrote:Red 2006 Stella with modified handlebars in Avon Colorado. The best part of the encounter is that the owner & friend coached me as I learned to kick my MB 125Cc !!! What a great experience!!
I just put 2 + 2 together from the Facebook group! :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Saw tons of scooters up at Griffith Observatory today as we gathered to watch Endeavor fly over on its way to LAX before heading for its permanent home at the California Science Center. By the time I got to the park, the only vehicles being allowed in were scooters and motorcycles. Even then, I had to hike uphill about a half mile because no parking was available, even for a Stella!

Quite a few Buddys up there! I recognized a few (including Skootz and one of our scooter group members). On my way back to work on Franklin, I passed the rider of the one below, who was with a guy on a black Buddy 125, and I shouted, "Nice Buddys!" as I passed.

(And if you haven't seen enough pics of the event yet, here are some of mine.)
Attachments
IMG_0572-small.jpg
IMG_0572-small.jpg (109.21 KiB) Viewed 2317 times
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Oh yeah, the shuttle. I seem to remember seeing a news item about a controversy because they cut down all the trees lining the street on the route.

Great pictures, Eric. NIce to have shots like that since it will never happen again.

Reminds me. I've kinda neglected my own Flikr account.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

We have a ModernBuddy Flickr group! (Link in my sig.)

The trees that were cut are going to be replanted.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

The ones I saw didn't seem to be over maybe 12" DBH and so can be replaced but in my experience it costs several hundred apiece. I believe it was said that the least expensive alternative to that would have cost more so I guess it works out.

Will have to check out the Flikr site.