can you put a front rack on a 170i?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

danrock

can you put a front rack on a 170i?

Post by danrock »

seems like the 150s have semi-cut holes on the front where the front rack would go, but the 170 does not have these. anyone know about this?
jonlink

Post by jonlink »

I'm sure it is possible, but there is no pre-cut hole. Seems like a problem that a drill and a steady hand could handle in short order though.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I could be mistaken, but I thought someone said the spots for the holes were visible internally, just not externally because people didn't like it.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Yes, I think on all of the newer Buddys there are cutouts on the inside of the shield. That being said, I believe that they are less a cutout than a slight indentation. So you would still need to use some sort of tool to cut where the markings are. You can't just knock them out.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

skully93 wrote:I could be mistaken, but I thought someone said the spots for the holes were visible internally, just not externally because people didn't like it.
Yes, they moved the knock-outs to the inside to create a prettier cowl.

Can still add the front rack....need to remove the cowl to get the knock-outs...knocked out though.