roller weights installation

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itcardoc

roller weights installation

Post by itcardoc »

Hey there, I just installed new roller weights in my Blur 150. Stock roller weight is 13grams. I installed 15gram Dr. Pulley sliding weights and guides for weight plate that come with the weights. It was a very easy installation. Just pop the cover off and remove the 19mm nut from the variator assembly (front pulley). Just be carefull to keep the weights in their proper positions sandwhiched between the inner pulley 1/2 and the sliding plate. Picture of correct assembly is on the package.
I felt that the original 13gram weights let the engine rev too much all the time and had the sensation that it was "stuck in second gear" like I had to shift to 3rd or 4th but couldn't (if you could shift anyway).
I can now accelerate moderately around 5500rpm and the speedo keeps climbing. Full throttle feels as good or better than stock, and top speed is still 60-70mph(by the optomistic speedo) depending on inclne and or headwind.
FYI, the variator belt size is "812 20 28 9.5 PGO CP125 BANDO VS BELT". -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
itcardoc

rpms for rollers

Post by itcardoc »

Just an update to my post... Full throttle rpm was 8500rpm with the stock 13gram weights. Now it is 7800rpm with the Dr.Pulley 15gram weights. According to the G-MAX service manual, the G-Max 150 puts out 10.3 hp@7250 rpm and 7.8ft. lbs. torque @6250 rpm. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Thanks for the report, Kevin. Hmm, I'm tempted myself - I know what you mean by that "stuck in gear" feeling.