Scooterworks.com redesign

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Scooterworks.com redesign

Post by ericalm »

Just noticed the new Scooterworks.com has launched. I haven't had a chance to dig in but from a cursory glance, it looks like a nice improvement. Eager to start poking around and looking for parts—just for fun.

http://www.scooterworks.com
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Re: Scooterworks.com redesign

Post by JohnKiniston »

ericalm wrote:Just noticed the new Scooterworks.com has launched. I haven't had a chance to dig in but from a cursory glance, it looks like a nice improvement. Eager to start poking around and looking for parts—just for fun.

http://www.scooterworks.com
Interesting! I just wish there was a easier way to see more items, There's no way to tell how many times you have to press the View More button before you see everything. I kinda like Pages of results with page numbers and navigation.
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

they still haven't fixed their links in item descriptions.

Hey you might be interested in this, or you will need this.

and always page not found. :fp:

12 months to do a redesign, and you still can't fix your links!

[/rant]

-duo
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Just got an oil filter from them and some chewy lemon heads.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

first glance makes a good impression

got two tires and some 'heads from 'em recently, myself
Riding is riding
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

Well, it certainly looks much nicer. It doesn't look like they've added anything, though. I don't understand why they don't put their complete catalog online, including all of the parts. They've lost a lot of my business to Scooterloungeonline because I can find and order any part I need from there. I hope that this change is just stage 1 and that they'll eventually make everything browsable and accessible on their site.
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I placed an order over the phone Yesterday for a bunch of stuff they don't have on the site. Unfortunately it's going to be 2 weeks out before they get it in stock.

Hopefully it wont be like the part my friend waited on for 7 months.
pdxrita

Post by pdxrita »

JohnKiniston wrote:I placed an order over the phone Yesterday for a bunch of stuff they don't have on the site. Unfortunately it's going to be 2 weeks out before they get it in stock.

Hopefully it wont be like the part my friend waited on for 7 months.
Yeah, I'm not a phone person. If there's any way I can get something without making a phone call, I will choose that way every time. Phoning is a last resort for me. It makes no sense to have an online store that doesn't cover everything you carry.