My 2013 GSC Blur SS220i

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tristik

My 2013 GSC Blur SS220i

Post by Tristik »

~~
Nothing fancy yet, just stock from the dealer.

Having the original blinkers plugged in at my first service and having the stalks removed. Plan on removing the reflectors and replacing with some reflective tape, but having a hard time finding a quality brand.

Plan to have the seat contoured as it could use another 5-6 inches in rider usage. The curved seat is a bit awkward at standard dimensions.
My mom's Reflex is in the background.

~~
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

great scoot! think i may want one for around town. eventually.....

reflective tape? i have found this to be effective for almost two years now. think i am going to redo it the same way pretty soon, though. just to keep it up and up

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BO ... 01_s00_i00

thats my Agility in the photos btw. so you can see how it does
Riding is riding
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Removing the DOT approved blinkers will give a smoother appearance but can leave you open for regular ticketing from the local constabularies. Just one 'eagle-eye' and your always in the radar.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

I'd be cutting that tape in half lengthwise. Plan on removing the amber ones on the front and going with a strip of silver/white down the length of the front fork. Prolly leave the back as-is since they are pressed into the plastic.
Also looking into getting a few more, small, red accents on the bike to match the spring and calipers. Thought of maybe painting the pegs since I am never gonna use them.
This is like getting your first car where you have all these cool ideas for it. We'll see how many I actually ever get around to. :}
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

And I'm not too sure about those blinkers. Of the laws in wisconsin I've read, there is more to say they are illegal than legal. Main one being that your turn signals have to be at the same level as your headlight. I would keep the stalks around just in case, but I don't think a ticket would hold up in court from what I've read.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

Have you joined the Scoot Jockeys yet? If not you should check out the meetup page- http://www.meetup.com/ScootJockeys/ We do a ride the 1st and 3rd Friday of the month plus some other rides. The next big event is Scootoberfest on Oct 6, in my opinion it is the best big group ride of the year.
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

~~
Yeah, I know about the event. Starts at 11am so not sure how that's gonna go. I work 3rd shift, so I'm usually going to sleep at like 10 am. Plus I'm not not very comfortable around groups of strangers (bit of social anxiety), so probably wouldn't go anyways. Might see me scootering about Geneva a bit more than usual though.
~~