2T Stella Cowls fit 4T Stella's

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JohnKiniston

2T Stella Cowls fit 4T Stella's

Post by JohnKiniston »

Today for fun I put a 2T Cowl on my 4T Stella successfully.

I had heard that the 4T Cowls were different size than the 2T Cowls.

Unfortunately both of my cowls are beat up so I cant really get good measurements off of mine but I wanted to let people know that they do indeed fit.
Attachments
Red Bike Blue Bike, One Bike Two Bike.
Red Bike Blue Bike, One Bike Two Bike.
IMAG0240_800x800.jpg (117.75 KiB) Viewed 864 times
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

4t have extra louvers on the engine side though...
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

That is one important difference yes. :)
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

:D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The right one fit, too? That's the one that might not!

I'd heard the 4T was a little bit longer, but since mounting crash guards and so on, the difference is either negligible or nonexistent.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I'll try an engine side cowl when I get a chance and we'll find out!

Any other hands-on things people want to see while I'm in a tinkering mood?

I've already fit a 2T Horn Cast and Headset cover to the bike. Oh and a 2T Rack (Had to try two before I got one that fit, Sadly the BBQ rack doesn't clear the Hump on the tank).

The fuel tap switch is a different length between the two bikes, It's shorter on the 2T.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

JohnKiniston wrote:I'll try an engine side cowl when I get a chance and we'll find out!

Any other hands-on things people want to see while I'm in a tinkering mood?

I've already fit a 2T Horn Cast and Headset cover to the bike. Oh and a 2T Rack (Had to try two before I got one that fit, Sadly the BBQ rack doesn't clear the Hump on the tank).

The fuel tap switch is a different length between the two bikes, It's shorter on the 2T.
I have yet to see ANYONE on MB do this:

I THINK you can actually swing the rear chassis up from the back without fully removing. I had planned to do this one day then realized how much I'd have to disconnect and decided against it. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I've thought about it. I'm installing my Gorilla alarm this week and I'll need to pull the fuel tank out to put it behind the more limited bodywork of the 4T.

If I cant do what I need with the tank out the next step is to take the body off the rear frame like that.

It was a lot easier to mount the alarm to the slab sides of my 2T Stella!
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I swapped the louvered cowl onto my 2t last weekend at the TMISC rally, the 2T and 4T both fit on the engine side just fine... we were both standing there looking at it.sooooo

I run a ported DR kit and would welcome a little extra air. I wonder how much effect it would have?

we just swapped in the parking lot. I will swap one next week on the same day and see if I notice any difference in CHT...I know its not real scientific but its a start.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?