Fender rubbing during hard braking?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rablack

Fender rubbing during hard braking?

Post by rablack »

I've had my Buddy 50 for about 2 weeks now. I'm loving it. I'm about 190 pounds - here's the question.

On a couple of occasions when I have stopped quickly from, say, 40 mph, for a traffic light I have noticed a non-metallic grinding noise from the front end. This morning I figured out that under hard braking the front fork has enough play that the fender rubs on the crown of the front tire. The bottom of the front lip of the fender has been ground a bit by the tire.

Any one else notice this on your Buddy? Is my fork too soft? Is it adjustable? My dealer is closed on Mondays, hence the question to the board.
Keys

Post by Keys »

The fork is not adjustable. Perhaps one could find somewhere some stiffer springs to replace the ones in you fork with...I dunno. As for hard braking, I haven't experienced the rubbing on my 125, but then again, I don't live in a city and therefore don't have as many opportunities to practice my panic stops...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

I did some hard braking tests on a 125, and didn't notice anything of the sort.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
rajron

Post by rajron »

How about hard right hand turns braking, throw in a little bump as well.
I get a very hard crunch but not sure where it’s coming from, I think it’s the exhaust tip because mine is all dinged up cant find any other scrapes though I haven’t really looked hard for them.