Thinking of buying a Blur 150

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tang_28

Thinking of buying a Blur 150

Post by tang_28 »

I have friend selling a 07 Blur 150 for $1500, only has 1100 miles on it. What do you guys think of the price?

Thanks
z20k

Post by z20k »

That's a pretty good deal, would be better if it was the 220 though. I think you can upgrade the cluster to the newer digital ones on those too.
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

Really hard finding a used 220i around these parts for under 2k
z20k

Post by z20k »

Oh for sure, the 150 is by no means a 'bad' scooter and that's by no means a bad deal. I'd jump on it myself as long as everything is in good shape. :)
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I bought one of the first 150s and I've been riding it ever since (actually it got stolen and I replaced it with the same bike, used, with roughly the same mileage)

I'm more of a vintage guy, I have a few old Vespas, so the Blur is my first modern bike, but I've tried out a lot of them and I'm still impressed with how well-engineered the Blur is, the brakes and suspension are great. Top speed is more than enough for anything aside from long-term freeway riding (though I hop on 290 once in a while and it does OK if I stay in the slow lanes). I weigh 250 and I've had it up to indicated 72, which is probably around 64mph. If you're skinny, you could get (real) 60mph+ cruising speed. No maintenance issues aside from a stripped oil plug because I overtorqued it. It's sporty and fun to ride, but not uncomfortable like a sportbike or janky feeling like a Buddy 170. I like the Buddy a lot, but there's a world of difference between the Buddy and the Blur, the Buddy's a fun overpowered small nail-biter frame, the Blur is tighter, bigger, smoother, more responsive.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

Bought the Blur today, great scooter compare to my 1983 Yamaha Riva 180.
It's a lot quicker and takes the twisties really well. The seller lower the price down to $1300, because he is moving this Thursday. Will post photos later on.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

tang_28 wrote:Bought the Blur today, great scooter compare to my 1983 Yamaha Riva 180.
It's a lot quicker and takes the twisties really well. The seller lower the price down to $1300, because he is moving this Thursday. Will post photos later on.
great price on a super scooter ... mileage was way low too. enjoy every BDU on it! (Blur Distance Units aren't KMs or Miles .... somewhere in the middle ;-D)
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Where in Illinois are you? Too bad you just missed our rally in chicago. : )

Bryan
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

I grew up in Buffalo Grove, but now live in Mn.
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

I had to remove layers of dust on the Blur and change all the fluids since it sat for a long time. Here is the story of my Blur... was bought in 07 by the previous owner's brother and he put 1000 miles. Then last owner bought it in 09 and put 200 miles on it and suffer back injuries from work. So it's been sitting his garage for the past 3 years.

Here are the pictures of my Blur.

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'm always happy when people post photos of used Blurs and they're not my stolen one, ha.

You're gonna dig it. Bob at Scooterville is one of the nicest, best, most professional shop owners around, and a Genuine dealer, if you're anywhere near the twin cities, take it to him for maintenance.
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

I have meet Both and David Harrington, can't go wrong with their advice. I talk to David in July about my hunt for a scooter, he convinced me to take a hard look at the Blur. BTW I have put on 150 miles in the past 24 hours. :D :D

Question: Does the blur have an oil filter? I looking for it, but couldn't find it.

Thanks
BlueMark

Post by BlueMark »

tang_28 wrote:Question: Does the blur have an oil filter? I looking for it, but couldn't find it.
Yes, it is up front behind the wheel next to the oil cooler. A bit hard to get a grip on - you'll be removing some plastic panels.
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

After 3300 blur miles on it, the scooter is little bit faster. Thinking about getting a winshield for it. In the flats I can get it up 72 mph blur speed, also I have noticed that if wear baggie clothing you tend loosed some speed. Wearing my full face Nolan N104 helmet has help in gaining more top end speed. I' not going to change the roller weights since it pulls real hard till 60 mph. I'm really liking the blur 150 a lot.