OTD Price for Blur 220i

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Shadow591

OTD Price for Blur 220i

Post by Shadow591 »

My dealer is selling a 2012 Blur 220i for 3800 and from a little bit of negotiation they went down to 3700. They said they can get me a discount on a HJC CL-16 or a CS-R2, I was thinking of getting them down to 3650 to make the total with the helmet about 3700.

Is this a good OTD price? Taxes are not added as I'm buying it out of state and I will have to pay them when I register it. Also this includes dealer prep.

Tell me what you guys think about this deal.

Also I cannot test drive the Blur because I don't have a license yet, only a permit. I have test driven the Buddy, and Kymco Agility and Super 8 so I'm pretty sure I want a scooter, actually I'm really sure but would you think I would regret my purchase without a test drive?
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

~~
That's 100 less than I paid for mine. Since the PCX150's weren't coming in, my dealer gave me the Blur for 3800 instead of the MSRP of 4000.

After I paid tax, title, all fees, and included the finance fees from my loan, the total was $4457.

The only scooter I had ridden before I bought the Blur was an older Vespa 150 a few times a few years ago. I didn't get to test ride the Blur (no license) and I don't regret purchasing it. It's a fun bike and I'm confident my dealer will work out the only problem I've had with the bike so far (massive vibration at high speeds).

That being said, I can see myself wanting something bigger and more comfortable on long rides in the next two years or so. The Blur is really fun for short or medium length rides, but it wasn't really made for hour+ rides. Some people on here don't have any problems riding it for that long, but I can't see myself doing it more than rarely.
~~
viney266

Post by viney266 »

As far as price? Yeah thats a good deal...you are several hundred BELOw MSRP including dealer prep...so yeah...thats good.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I paid the same 3800 for mine in July. Seems like a fair price(mine is a 2011 model).