Blur Top Speed

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

zuman

Blur Top Speed

Post by zuman »

Since I installed the digital cluster I've paid a little more attention to my speedometer and the GPS I've velcro'd next to it.
On Wednesday I was riding along an almost completely flat section of road with a 55mph limit. I left the throttle wide open, and my scooter topped out at 59 mph (GPS). Coming back, with the very slight (maybe 5 mph or less) wind behind me and a possible very minor grade advantage, I topped out at 65 mph (GPS). No windscreen, everything stock, 165lb rider.
I don't think I want to fool with the weights/rollers, because I'm very pleased with the acceleration and that's more important to me than top speed. I'd think about an exhaust change, but I also don't want to sound like some teenager in his anime-styled Mitsubishi.
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

So what was the indicated mph on the blur cluster? Thats better info to know than your actual top speed. It would be nice to know how far off the digital cluster is from realistic and from the stock cluster.
zuman

BMPH

Post by zuman »

If I remember correctly, 59 MPH=about 71 or 72 BMPH and 65 MPH=about 79 BMPH.
BeachBuzz

Re: BMPH

Post by BeachBuzz »

zuman wrote:If I remember correctly, 59 MPH=about 71 or 72 BMPH and 65 MPH=about 79 BMPH.
:shock: my '06 barely breaks 60BMPH on the dial and my gas mileage is low 60s :wtf:
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

BeachBuzz wrote:
zuman wrote:If I remember correctly, 59 MPH=about 71 or 72 BMPH and 65 MPH=about 79 BMPH.
:shock: my '06 barely breaks 60BMPH on the dial and my gas mileage is low 60s :wtf:
Sounds like its time for a tune-up and installation of a PGO windshield. I can EASILY hit 60bmph on mine, and averaging 75mpg with my lead weighted right hand... And Im not even fully broken in yet...
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I was riding around just to see how fast I could go and it was great. Flying around at an indicated 65 mph until an old lady pushing a full shopping cart passed me by like I was standing still. Don't these old women know there's a speed limit in parking lots!? Ruined my whole day. I think my speedometer might be a tad optimistic... :roll:
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

GFridrich3 wrote:Sounds like its time for a tune-up and installation of a PGO windshield. I can EASILY hit 60bmph on mine, and averaging 75mpg with my lead weighted right hand... And Im not even fully broken in yet...
I hope you're right - scheduled for the first service on the 22nd. Right now I'm at the beach for a couple weeks, w/o the Blur. I'm anxious to get the guys at Philadelphia Scooters 'under the hood' and get this scoot dialed in like they did my TGB. I installed the WS last weekend and did notice a slight improvement, but nowhere near 70mph. I'll get a more accurate reading on the odo/speedo with a GPS when I get a chance but I think I'm pretty close by comparing my commute @ 6.2 miles on the TGB to 11.7 BDUs on the Blur. My MPG calcs are all in the mid 60's :?
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

God it would bug the hell out of me if my odometer was that far off. Right now Im seeing about 4.9 miles to work on the Blur, when its actually 4.5 miles. Im glad the 07 at least has a more accurate odometer. Cant really be said for the speedo thou, it still sucks just as much as the 06 model.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

flat out on level road with the windscreen to day i hit a indicated 73 mph
and im about 195 pounds.
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

I've got an '07 with a windshield. I go 250 and on a good day. I've topped out on level ground at 65 MPH on the GPS (Garmin eTrex legend).
santa

Blur:Top Speed

Post by santa »

Last weekend I got to take my first long freeway trip (82 mi). I didn't have too much trouble keeping up with traffic in the right lane. My speed topped out at 73 indicated. I thought I was traveling a little a little above the speed limit while it was screaming.
Today I finally got opportunity to test it with a GPS. I found that the top speed of 73 was equivalent to 64 or 65MPH.

Dave Harrington said that the speedo was just 5% optimistic but I found it to be between 11 to 13%.

After my trip this weekend I was getting a little more confident than maybe I should have been.

Now I would really love to see Genuine bring the G-max 200 come More than I did than just and hour ago.
hi2525

Post by hi2525 »

I have hit 85 bmph. It was highway driving and down a hill. But would love to be able see how far off my speedometer is. Would love to have a digital dash.
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

My g-max 200 top speed is 132 Km (gage)

when gage read 100 km - traffic speed displayer( warning sign) shown 87

km

I used to have a Kymco grandvista 250 top speed was 135 km-140 km(gage)

my g-max 150 2v top speed was 117 Km (gage), before break in only 97 km
maxG

Post by maxG »

nuff said :D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Remember that's in kilometers per hour, not miles, then again, I'm seeing it at 90mph cruising. Now that is impressive! but then again, you've got all the performance parts on your bike.
hi2525

Post by hi2525 »

That is still qoute impressive.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Blur Top Speed

Post by jrsjr »

zuman wrote:I left the throttle wide open, and my scooter topped out at 59 mph (GPS). Coming back, with the very slight (maybe 5 mph or less) wind behind me and a possible very minor grade advantage, I topped out at 65 mph (GPS)..
That totally agrees with my experience. Another thing I noticed was that I could detect subtle changes in the terrain. If I was riding wide open down an apparently flat stretch of road and my speed started to go up or down, then I knew I was going downhill or uphill respectively.

-John
maxG

Post by maxG »

soory i didnt know it has to be top speed on stock parts
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Doesnt really matter if it's stock or not, the fact you have the same bike, and it's going 90+mph, you're awesome.
tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

Mine only goes 60mphGPS or 67mphBDU

Here a video at WOT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIa7HnGbYCs&feature=plcp