One more Blur owner

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

EP_scoot

One more Blur owner

Post by EP_scoot »

Hello everyone,

Just got a 2006 model :D . It will reside at the shop until April or so since there is no point in picking it up now. At least their garage is insulated !

A little about me. I grew up in Spain and started riding a Vespino (49cc) when I was 14 and moved on from there every 2 or 3 years or so . . . Vespa, Bultaco, Cagiva and the last one was a Yamaha SRX 600. Then I met an American exchange student, sold my bike, crossed the pond, we married and here I am 18 years later.

Recently moved to a house only 4 highway-free miles from work and for the last year or so I have been scratching the 2 wheel bug again. After reading all the info out there on the Blur I decided it would be a nice way of getting back on the saddle and a fun way to commute.

Why the BLUR? I wanted bigger than 10" wheels, front and rear disc brakes, European type design, enough speed to do short highway stints and enjoy curvy roads, local dealer support, and the reviews were great. Took a while to get over the orange, but then I thought it might be an asset to improve visibility.

Now I am looking forward for the Winter to end and start riding. I noticed there are some scooter groups in the Minneapolis-St paul area so it will be fun to meet more people and go on group rides.

As far as my wife . . . nope, she does not approve of my trip 20 years back in time. Oh well, this might be part of the "for worse" for her . . . for me is part of the "for better", Ha ! I am sure I will have her come around by the time April rolls around :wink: .

See you on the road !

D.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: One more Blur owner

Post by jrsjr »

EP_scoot wrote:As far as my wife . . . nope, she does not approve of my trip 20 years back in time. Oh well, this might be part of the "for worse" for her . . . for me is part of the "for better", Ha !
:rofl: Welcome to Modern Buddy!
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

what did you get for a price on a 2 year old bike .i was going to get a blur for 08 but there not going to import it to the usa after 07. this sucks big time!!!!!! glad you got one hope you have fun. i have to wait till march to starte my hunt.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

It will be a hard wait till April. I was a bit converned about parts availability since it will not be sold here anymore, but I would not be surprised if it were to come back in a couple of years with more power and a better color scheme.

The guys at Scooterville told me Genuine is very good with parts and the Blur/G-max/Boxwell/etc is sold all over the place so I am thinking parts should be easy to get.

The bike was $2900 +tax so hopefully that is a good deal.

I am very excited to start riding it as I bought it without doing a test ride, but based on everything I have read I am sure I will be very happy with it.

D.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i quess thats a good price i looked at a 07 this past summer with a price of 3499 pluse prep and tax and frate. ya now just have to wait for spring a?, if i cant find a 07 in march ill get one or the one of the new buddy 150s
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

The local scooter dealer around here is selling the Blur with $500 discount - in case anyone's interested.

San Francisco Scooter Center
127 10th St
San Francisco, CA 94103
(415) 558-9854

No, I don't work there nor am I friends with the owner (Barry).