Handguards/ Wind Deflectors

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tristik

Handguards/ Wind Deflectors

Post by Tristik »

~~
I started looking into some handguards to install to deflect some wind as fall comes on and noticed that most seem to attach to the handlebars behind the brake levers. Doesn't look like that will work with the Blur because of all the plastics.

Does anyone have handguards on their Blur or know of a style that I will be able to install? I was looking at some MSR Moto Roost handguards since they were white with a little black and a smidge of red on them. Woulda been perfect with my white blur, but doesn't look like it's possible to use them. Or am I looking at them wrong? I've never even seen any handguards in person so a bit clueless on them.
~~
EDIT: Also, are these things usually made of molded plastic or are they usually rubber?
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I think that for the Blur (and for our cooler conditions in the north), the cloth and lined, velcro strap hand guards are a more flexible option than the hard wind blockers. I bought the cheapest ones that they have on Amazon and they work very well indeed. Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Scooter- ... _1_fkmr1_1

You can't beat the price and they are both wind protective and have a soft feel on the inside. I wear some pretty flexible GoGo Gear winter gloves under them and with my heated grips, I'm toasty at 15 degrees ambient.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
Rippinyarn

Post by Rippinyarn »

I think that for the Blur (and for our cooler conditions in the north), the cloth and lined, velcro strap hand guards are a more flexible option than the hard wind blockers. I bought the cheapest ones that they have on Amazon and they work very well indeed. Here they are: http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Scooter- ... _1_fkmr1_1

You can't beat the price and they are both wind protective and have a soft feel on the inside. I wear some pretty flexible GoGo Gear winter gloves under them and with my heated grips, I'm toasty at 15 degrees ambient.
Rovers SC
Check out the latest at scooterfile.com
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I have seen those at my local shop. They don't look very sporty on a Blur though. i too would love to have some of the deflectors mentioned by the OP but agree they would never work with all the plastic we have. The handle bars on the Honda PCX 150 are made for that type of thing:
Attachments
2013-Honda-PCX150-dasboard.jpg
2013-Honda-PCX150-dasboard.jpg (39.13 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Tristik

Post by Tristik »

~~
I came across those cloth type ones when I was looking for guards and don't think I could stand having them on the bike, heh. Just looks too weird like someone has socks on their bike or something. :P
~~
rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

Hello Buddyland:

I was talking with a motorcycle rider about guarding the hands during cold wet winter rides.

He suggested that if I could not find real gaurds made for the Buddy 125, then make some myself.

It can be cut out from wood, metal, or plastic, then duct taped in front of the two grips. Not stylish, but better than cold wet hands, and can work if you do it right. Be creative!

Thanks
rick71454