Hit and run

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tom

Hit and run

Post by Tom »

Was riding to class this morning and some idiot tried to pass me (I didn't see him in the rear view) but to avoid a head on collision with another car, he swerved back into my lane right on me. Only bumped by left handle bar. I managed to stay up barely, followed him for a way- waving for him to pull over, but then he lost me. I didn't even get his plate unfortunately.

Wondering if I should call the cops, but unfortunately, I haven't much information. There's no damage to the handle bar that I can see, except for the rubber is a little skinned. That was insanely lucky.

Be safe people, there's some idiots out there.
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

Jesus, glad you made it out safely!
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I would still report it. You never know who else may have seen what and if there may have been a camera somewhere that recorded the whole thing.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Tom

Post by Tom »

It's doubtful because it was an old farm road. Other drivers saw it, one guy pulled over and asked if I was ok. I WISH I had jumped in his car and gone after him for the license plate, but I wasn't thinking clearly.

Maybe I will give a call and see what the officers think I should do.
Tom

Post by Tom »

OK, so I just called Sheriff's Dept- who referred me to CHP- and told them what happened, they said there isn't much they can do, because nobody else called in on it. I think it might be time to buy a camera to mount on the scoot..
Syd

Post by Syd »

Is it possible to simply file a report on a dangerous, though unknown, driver? Just having the information in the hands of the police could be handy.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

If you could give them a decent description of the car, it could go a long way. Especially if he hits someone else or gets reported again/before this incident. Even if you can give them make, model, color, it helps. You could be saving a life.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Like I said, I did make the call. CHP told me that they couldn't do anything, but they offered to let me talk to someone who had "suggestions for what I should do if that ever happens again". I declined the suggestions.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

jeez!

Glad you didn't get hurt.

Had a dude do the same to me on the highway (riding the 250..). I laid on the horn, he came over and then waved, while he was on the phone. I was not pleased.
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Glad you are alright, close calls like that are really unsettling. It stinks you can't report the guy, but the important thing is that you stayed up!
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

glad you are able to write about it!
She with the most 'used' toys wins.