Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ageekgirl

Post by ageekgirl »

Awesome pics, Eric. I saw the one with the shuttle over Griffith Observatory that you posted on twitter. That one is spectacular! Thanks for sharing them.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Hello GG. Going to the Barber Motorsports thing next month?
rfman81

Post by rfman81 »

Saw a cream buddy on nolensville pike by 440 intersection and a silver Stella with a side car on 12 south. Side car is the first I have seen here.
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

Oklahoma City yesterday morning: Young lady wearing a backpack on a pink Buddy on MacArthur Blvd and 50th. I was in my car, so she didn't recognize me as a fellow Buddy rider, and didn't seem interested in chatting with some guy in a car.
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

No Buddys for me today. Just a Zuma 125.
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

Not sure if he was riding a Buddy or not, but a guy in full gear (black, with full-face helmet) and a red scoot followed me on Sunday along outer Congress Street. I waved to him once when I thought I would lose him at a light (it was just turning yellow when I went through) and then again when I turned off Congress onto St. John. Pretty sure it was a Buddy based on what I could see in my rearview.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Silver 170i at the SubWay on Trindle Rd and Army Heritage Dr Carlisle, Pa about noon Friday (yesterday) 28 Sept.
We spoke a few minutes.

Last Friday I spotted a Pampolna just down the road, at the intersection of Army Heritage Dr and Claremont Rd.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

I'm in the Overland Park /Olathe Kansas area. Today on 87th street< while taking my sister to the surgeon after her MC accident, saw 2 GB's on 87th street: a red and a white. Sister's friend just purchased a purple !25cc Vespa and when I told her that I had a 125 cc GB, She said that they were the best but couldn't find one for sale. HMMMMMMMMMMM, my having :D one was PURE divine intervention and guardian angel interference as I did slim to none research, and just "went for it".
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I am seeing more and more scooters but no Buddies. I have been seeing quite a number of female scooter riders. With the new law in effect it may take a lot of 49cc scooters off the road. I think there is also going to be a lot of abandoned scooters which will turn out to have been stolen years ago from someone.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Spotted a red Buddy 125 leaving my building parking lot on Tuesday around lunchtime. Rider had a neon yellow/black safety jacket. This was the Highwoods complex off the 85 Access Road near Clairmont.

Caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a 150 Italia yesterday, but couldn't confirm as I had to keep my eyes on the road! This was off Mclendon near Ponce (the one closer to 285 instead of East Lake).
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Black Buddy 125 at Pima CC this week. A little rough, but I believe it's someones car, not their toy. ScootOver plate surround on the back.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Stormswift wrote:I am seeing more and more scooters but no Buddies. I have been seeing quite a number of female scooter riders. With the new law in effect it may take a lot of 49cc scooters off the road. I think there is also going to be a lot of abandoned scooters which will turn out to have been stolen years ago from someone.
I agree with that first part but I do occasionally see some Buddys. The most recent one at the local Kymco dealer.

Unfortunately my attention was more drawn from the Kymco 250 that some guy had fixed up really nice but then traded for a lawn mower because he didn't ride it much. They only wanted 2.5K. I hate being broke.

:cry:
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Yesterday, Friday 5 Oct approx 4:30pm
Jonestown Rd, Harrisburg, Colonial Park area
Two Buddies, a Pampolna and a red 125, and an orange Stella on a trailer being pulled by a white van.....
Nullius in verba
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Honda metropolitan at 'The Clinic' in Minturn. Blue and white.

Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Parked next to a Black 125 last night, Springfield, in Albany Park.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
fossel

Post by fossel »

i saw an italia driving past taramar beach,and a white buddy 125 by tamarak beach
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

A white 2005 Stella has just become my across the street neighbor. It just arrived shipped from Texas, I was leaving a note and figured out where it's owners live. It has bred a level of discontent in me. I luv the spare tire and classic looks. Given a garage or two I could become a collector. The new owners seem pleasant. Yipee !!!!! More soulmates.

Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Pair of Buddy Italias on Rt. 3 slightly south of Wood River. If you are here I was on a creme Vespa (my Buddy 50 is too slow for that road). Darn it... I always see Buddies when I'm on my Vespa and Vespas when I'm in my car.
96 Decibel Freaks
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Not a buddy, but a Genuine first for me. A yellow Stella at Lencar/Camden in San Jose. Coming out of my neighborhood!!!! About 1645 PST today.
scuzzer99

Post by scuzzer99 »

1st sighting for me, South Orange County Cali...Buddy International on
El Toro Rd, around 8:00 PM. So sweet to see another Buddy in South OC!
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

I'm in Boulder for an overnight. 2 Metropolitans: on 30th, one 2tone yellow, the other blue and creme. Then a red GB. At lower altitude those bikes sure are shiny!!!!

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

De-badged (up front) all-black Buddy 125 spotted a few days ago in front of Capitol Records. It's either the third one I've seen recently or I keep seeing the same de-badged black B125. I saw one at Trader Joe's on Riverside Dr. just the night before, I think.
Attachments
Oof, blurry. Take my word for it, that's a Buddy. :)
Oof, blurry. Take my word for it, that's a Buddy. :)
budcap.jpg (51.75 KiB) Viewed 2710 times
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
fossel

Post by fossel »

I saw a red and tan italia heading north across from the carlsbad camp grounds
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Honda Ruckas in Boulder by the Dollar Store/savers what co road is that? I'm lovin this game.... 4 months ago I didn't even know what a ruckus was.!!???\\|

avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Ericalm, skills are not subchortal yet. Given skill set I would appropriately quote you. Capital Records site is one of my favorites . A debugged 125 I can relate to. Masquerading is an art. Taxes are the issue.

avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Eric: debadged, similar to a bug but different.

az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Got a return wave from a girl on a Saint Tropez this afternoon on Swan near Glenn. I had the Vespa, thankfully. Saw another girl on a pink 125 riding with a motorcycle wing man on Broadway near Swan a few minutes later.

Yesterday, I saw two substantial dudes riding up Swan into the Foothills (~3% grade avg.) on a blue and white Met. Suspension was on the stops and it was struggling mightily to exceed twenty. Poor little bike! :shock:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

KABarash

Post by KABarash »

az_slynch wrote: Yesterday, I saw two substantial dudes riding up Swan into the Foothills (~3% grade avg.) on a blue and white Met. Suspension was on the stops and it was struggling mightily to exceed twenty. Poor little bike! :shock:
Holey geeze.....
I'm barely 145lbs at 5'9" my Met struggles on some hills.
But what I'm not seeing (in my mind) is how more that one can fit on the seat of a Met as I sometimes feel there's not enough room for even my scrawny butt!
Nullius in verba
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

KABarash wrote:Holey geeze.....
I'm barely 145lbs at 5'9" my Met struggles on some hills.
But what I'm not seeing (in my mind) is how more that one can fit on the seat of a Met as I sometimes feel there's not enough room for even my scrawny butt!
It looked a lot like this:

Driver was knees to the legshield and sitting on the nose of the seat. His passenger was maybe 2/3rds on the seat and dragging his shoes due to the lack of buddy pegs. I wish I could've gotten a picture.[/url]

anthony

Post by anthony »

avonpirate wrote:Honda Ruckas in Boulder by the Dollar Store/savers what co road is that? I'm lovin this game.... 4 months ago I didn't even know what a ruckus was.!!???\\|
Except since the post is called Buddy sightings, I don't think you're playing correctly. :P
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Oh, I'm blonde and obviously living up to my hair color. How'd I get the idea that it was about scoots? Not just Buddy's. My apologies to all.

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Buddys, Genuines, interesting stuff, whatever… No rules.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
persephonelily

Post by persephonelily »

White 50cc up on Danforth street. Made me sad, cause my baby is still in the shop.
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Red GB on the 'Mentalist". Parked, pan shot don't know what cc.

dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Passed a couple buddies heading into Franklin on Carter Creek Pike. First sighting in a long time.
MB #2349
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Orange Bud on Smith Road crossing Peoria Ave. about 7:30 this morning.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Two black Buddys tonight!

One, a guy on Olive/Pass Ave. in Toluca Lake.

Two, on Lankershim near Magnolia, scoot with deadlights converted to running lights.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

On Friday in Green Hills, had an Italia pull out of a Shell station behind me and followed me for awhile. We chatted at lights.
MB #2349
thewifie

Post by thewifie »

scuzzer99 wrote:1st sighting for me, South Orange County Cali...Buddy International on
El Toro Rd, around 8:00 PM. So sweet to see another Buddy in South OC!
Could have been me! I have a Silver 170i. I'm on El Toro A LOT :lol:
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

With all that has been going on here with the storm and all forgot to post this. Last Thursday or Friday, red Buddy, Cowpath Rd. and Morwood, think it was a 125.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Black Stella on the curbside in the background on Blue Bloods this evening. :D

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

italia on hoover down around the venice / pico / olympic area. black rider, wearing all black. gear appeared fashionable and purposeful. scoot seemed to be a 150 from the way it was moving. and it was quiet
Riding is riding
T'Pring

Post by T'Pring »

Ruston/Tacoma ...

along Commencement Bay (on Friday afternoon, in the rain) -- creme Buddy.
If you choose not to decide -- you still have made a choice.
Collette

Speaking this into existence . . .

Post by Collette »

I just moved back to California so I'll see yall from Venice Beach to Pasadena :lol:
If you want to know where a road leads, ask someone on their way back.
Scootinkim

Post by Scootinkim »

I think it was a Sach Madass...Schaumburg, IL...corner of Roselle and Weathersfield. I was in my truck, so I think the guy thought I was a stalker of sorts... :P this was yesterday around 2 pm...
Have you hugged a veteran today?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Red Buddy 125 at Pima West campus last night. Showed up after I'd parked and lined up with the Yager, a Burgie 400 and an E-Ton. Scoots outnumbered motorcycles last night.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Saw what I think was a pink Buddy on the way home from work the other day. This was at the Kennedy Av & 165th intersection in Hammond, while waiting on a light. I couldn't get any closer as I had to jump on the interstate soon after passing the interested. Sorry for the poor pic quality, but I snapped this one quickly with the IPhone through the windshield.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Late last night, say 11pm- orange Buddy (not sure which color bc of the stupid streetlights, I know there are two oranges) heading west on Broad street, around say Westwood Ave? Male driver.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Saw 2 Buddies in Broomfield on Main Street headed North, almost at 120th.
This was at about 4:15 today (Saturday 11/17/12).
One was red and the other was maybe black? Both riders had full face helmets and jackets on.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I've seen those same two a few times on my commute home from Boulder!