NSP in Gettysburg, PA?

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JAEGER

NSP in Gettysburg, PA?

Post by JAEGER »

Hey, y'all -- apologies if this was covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it...

Anybody going to the NSP Rally outside Gettysburg this October? I'll likely be crashing it (ha!) with the UTMC crew, as usual.

--Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 // 2013 Genuine Buddy 125
www.blackletter.org
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Give us a link..???

It is so close I'll probably go.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

Here's the link for last year, I can't find one for 2012.

http://soulsurvivorsmsc.net/schedule.html

--Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
www.blackletter.org
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I considered it, then heard it was "vintage only" and they were pretty anal about it. Have I met you before Jaeger?
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:I considered it, then heard it was "vintage only" and they were pretty anal about it. Have I met you before Jaeger?
Oh lord no. There's everything from vintage Lambrettas to hot-rodded Buddies, as well as quite a few full-size motorcycles. If you can make it up there you really ought -- it's a helluva party. I think it's $30 gets you in the door for all the food/beer you can tolerate (and their cooks have historically been pretty good).

My motorcycle group (UTMC) has a yearly get-together at a hotel down the way. Since we have quite a few scooter trash members, the biker scum usually go down and "crash" the shindig. (In fact, we really did crash the party at one point when one of our guys was participating in the relay race wrecked and got a skull fracture. He was out drinking with us later that night.)

And no, I don't think we've met though I'm not far away. I'm out in Reston, and I rarely venture inside the Beltway any more if I can help it. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
www.blackletter.org
viney266

Post by viney266 »

So a sexy orange Stella works? :).. I'm gonna try to make it

Glad it wasn't just me couldn't find anything for this years either.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I don't think it's vintage only, but it's one of the longest-running rallies around, and most of the people that go have been friends for 20 years. There are a few rallies like that that get a reputation for snobbery and exclusionism. There certainly are snobby vintage riders, but it's usually just people seeing very old friends they don't see as often as they like and maybe not going out of their way to meet new people or make newbies feel welcome.

In most cases, if you go with the flow, offer to lend a hand, and be yourself without being too obnoxious, you'll be welcome. Just like most rallies. I can't say it enough, there is NO better way to make friends at a rally than to jump in and help out (without telling the organizers how to do things, ha)

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
climbamt

Updated NSP info

Post by climbamt »

The website has been updated-

http://www.soulsurvivorsmsc.net/
Scooter Life

(Not) summit Point

Post by Scooter Life »

We are heading up to the rally and look forward to seeing everyone!
Are there any members from the Newark, DE area going?
Be Happy...Ride A Scooter!
www.scooterlife.us
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

@ Scooter Life -- You coming from Newark? Well hot damn. I'm a DE boy myself. I will pay you good money if you can bring me a reasonably fresh Capriotti's Bobby, or a cheesesteak from Daffy Deli. :)

@ General -- I should be showing up at some point with the UTMC crowd. Look for a Red/Black Triumph Speedmaster with Cherrybomb exhausts. Trust me, you'll hear me coming. ;)

Additionally, I'll extend an invitation to come and hang with the UTMC DOOM crew down the street at the Cross Keys Inn. It's just a few miles east on Route 30 on the left. PM me here for details. It's primarily a bunch of moto freaks who stand around in the parking lot drinking beer, bullshitting, and dry-humping each other's scoots. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
www.blackletter.org
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

I'll be there. Last time I went it was still at Summit Point. Can't wait to see the new digs.....if I can remember after the weekend.....yikes.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ Funny, me too. I was racing bikes there and would stop and hang with the scooter crowd.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

STARTS tomorrow! see ya' there on Saturday (gotta work Friday)
JAEGER

Post by JAEGER »

I'm heading to the Cross Keys this afternoon, should be there before sundown, hopefully. Not sure when I'll be hitting NSP but I'll definitely make an appearance at some point -- hopefully during gymkana or the relay race. :)

Look/listen for the Triumph with the cherrybomb pipes. :mrgreen:

--Jaeger
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
www.blackletter.org
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

Well that was awesome....thanks to the Soul Survivors MC.