That Carburetor Rubber Diaphragam Black Cap on Top Loose

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rick71454

That Carburetor Rubber Diaphragam Black Cap on Top Loose

Post by rick71454 »

Hello Buddyland:

If you look at your Buddy 125 stock Carburetor.. you will notice a flat black round about 2 inch diameter plastic or metal cap screwed on the top of the Carburetor.

There is a round rubber diaphragm underneath it.

I found one of the 2 two screws holding the cap down had fallen off. I put the screw back in that I found lodge down between the engine.

QUESTION: Could this mess up the Carb such that it is contaminated with dirt and reduce the engine performance?

Rick71454
az_slynch

Re: That Carburetor Rubber Diaphragam Black Cap on Top Loose

Post by az_slynch »

rick71454 wrote:Hello Buddyland:

If you look at your Buddy 125 stock Carburetor.. you will notice a flat black round about 2 inch diameter plastic or metal cap screwed on the top of the Carburetor.

There is a round rubber diaphragm underneath it.

I found one of the 2 two screws holding the cap down had fallen off. I put the screw back in that I found lodge down between the engine.

QUESTION: Could this mess up the Carb such that it is contaminated with dirt and reduce the engine performance?

Rick71454
Well, if that cap isn't sealed, it will be harder to build a vacuum in the chamber above the diaphragm. Low vacuum will keep the throttle slide lower in the carb venturi and impact top end performance (assuming that the Buddy has a CV carb, of course.).
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Keys

Post by Keys »

The short answer is; yes.
"Life without music would Bb"