woot! new scoot!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Post Reply
User avatar
black sunshine
Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

woot! new scoot!

Post by black sunshine »

picked this beauty up yesterday:

Image

specs:
Approx. 800 miles. Never dropped or layed down, garage kept.

Started as a 150cc. Upgrades:

-NCY Top end - 172cc
-Racing valves
-Racing springs
-Racing cam
-Lighter roller weights
-Firmer clutch springs
-Prima exhaust
-Blacked out chrome
-Michelin tires
-Adjustable suspension
-Drilled front rotor

sooooo good to be back in the saddle again!!!
User avatar
Scootinkim
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 am
Location: Schaumburg, Il

Post by Scootinkim »

Beautiful! Congrats!
Have you hugged a veteran today?
User avatar
MGM
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Post by MGM »

Welcome to the Black Jack Owners club. You're gonna love it.
User avatar
theflash784
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:47 pm
Location: Rochester Michigan

woot! new scoot!

Post by theflash784 »

Congratz! Very sharp looking scooter! I really like the mirrors. I am sure you will really enjoy riding it.
User avatar
MGM
Member
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Post by MGM »

Hey, I just looked a little closer. Great look with the blacked out trim and bar ends ! ! !
User avatar
z20k
Member
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:58 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Post by z20k »

That's a freaking nice scooter. :twisted:
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
User avatar
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:08 pm
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Contact:

Post by BuddyRaton »

A Black Jack for Black Sunshine!

Congrats on a slick scoot!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
User avatar
black sunshine
Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Post by black sunshine »

BuddyRaton wrote:A Black Jack for Black Sunshine!

Congrats on a slick scoot!
yes!!! thanks everyone :)

i'm still getting used to the bar end mirrors . . . they tend to end up pointing more down that i'd like with the bumps that i hit. i might leave them on and put some in the regular place as well . . .
User avatar
Skootz Kabootz
Member
Posts: 4335
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:47 pm
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Contact:

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Sweet ride man! Congrats! Have a ton-o-fun riding it!
Image

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
User avatar
az_slynch
Member
Posts: 1766
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Post by az_slynch »

Very cool looking! I dig the extra touches that make this BlackJack look even tuffer. :D
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
User avatar
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4005
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:26 pm

Post by jrsjr »

Zaphod's attention however was elsewhere. His attention was riveted on the ship standing next to Hotblack Desiato's limo. His mouths hung open.

"That," he said, "that ... is really bad for the eyes ..."

Ford looked. He too stood astonished.

It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.

"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect. "You can hardly make out its shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"

Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.

"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.

-The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
Last edited by jrsjr on Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
skully93
Member
Posts: 2604
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:54 pm
Location: Denver CO

Post by skully93 »

Bonus points to Jrsjr!

Good score, I really do love the Blackjack. Still hoping to find one or a used psycho here eventually.
Image
User avatar
black sunshine
Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Post by black sunshine »

jrsjr wrote:Zaphod's attention however was elsewhere. His attention was riveted on the ship standing next to Hotblack Desiato's limo. His mouths hung open.

"That," he said, "that ... is really bad for the eyes ..."

Ford looked. He too stood astonished.

It was a ship of classic, simple design, like a flattened salmon, twenty yards long, very clean, very sleek. There was just one remarkable thing about it.

"It's so ... black!" said Ford Prefect. "You can hardly make out its shape ... light just seems to fall into it!"

Zaphod said nothing. He had simply fallen in love.

The blackness of it was so extreme that it was almost impossible to tell how close you were standing to it.

"Your eyes just slide off it ..." said Ford in wonder. It was an emotional moment. He bit his lip.

-The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
hahahah yes! i'm going to change my name to Hotblack Desiato!!!
User avatar
bgwss
Member
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:06 pm
Location: Wichita, Kansas

Post by bgwss »

So what kind of performance do you get with 172?
Image
User avatar
SYMbionic Duo
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:06 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: woot! new scoot!

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

black sunshine wrote:picked this beauty up yesterday:

Image

specs:
Approx. 800 miles. Never dropped or layed down, garage kept.

Started as a 150cc. Upgrades:

-NCY Top end - 172cc
-Racing valves
-Racing springs
-Racing cam
-Lighter roller weights
-Firmer clutch springs
-Prima exhaust
-Blacked out chrome
-Michelin tires
-Adjustable suspension
-Drilled front rotor

sooooo good to be back in the saddle again!!!
Until now :P
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
User avatar
jonlink
Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:11 pm
Location: boston

Post by jonlink »

congrats!
User avatar
Tocsik
Member
Posts: 1938
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: Denver

Post by Tocsik »

bgwss wrote:So what kind of performance do you get with 172?
+1.
That thing must wheelie like a sumbitch with that big bore, lighter rollers and stiffer clutch springs, etc!
And I'd love to hear 172 cc's pushing out the Prima pipe ! :twisted:
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
Image
User avatar
killa_ed
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: Norwood, OH

Post by killa_ed »

SHe is Beautiful as stated before welcome to team BlackJack
Image
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
User avatar
phatch
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 pm
Location: Chandler, AZ

Post by phatch »

MURDERED! I'm Jelly!
Image
User avatar
SYMbionic Duo
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:06 am
Location: Minneapolis

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

Tocsik wrote:
bgwss wrote:So what kind of performance do you get with 172?
+1.
That thing must wheelie like a sumbitch with that big bore, lighter rollers and stiffer clutch springs, etc!
And I'd love to hear 172 cc's pushing out the Prima pipe ! :twisted:
He's got a different prima pipe on there, very quiet. Still I love the blacked out chrome and the tinted "glass".
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
User avatar
avonpirate
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Contact:

Post by avonpirate »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

Image
User avatar
Coffeejunkie
Member
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:52 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Post by Coffeejunkie »

That's a pretty lady Sunshine!
Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

http://javascoots.wordpress.com/
Post Reply