Topbox installed

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Shellee

Topbox installed

Post by Shellee »

I finally decided to try installing my Givi topbox on my Buddy. It's a snug fit against the seat but it works. Hopefully Genuine will have the rear racks soon!
Attachments
Buddy 005 (Small).jpg
Buddy 005 (Small).jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Topbox installed

Post by jrsjr »

Shellee wrote:I finally decided to try installing my Givi topbox on my Buddy. It's a snug fit against the seat but it works. Hopefully Genuine will have the rear racks soon!
Good job, Shellee! Your Buddy, err, Betty is a beauty!
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

Shellee,

I think Betty looks very fab with her new top box. Love the hearts as well. :bat: It's like Betty got a new purse!

How many miles does Betty have on her now? Is she for pleasure or do you commute on her?
Laura
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

Hey Shellee, did Betty come with those mirrors or are they replacements?
I would really like to change mine.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
sparty

Post by sparty »

How did you mike the Betty "decal/sticker"? It looks very similar to the original Buddy font. I am interested in getting one for my Buddy.
lotte

Post by lotte »

Wow, that looks great! I'm sure Betty loves it too... what girl wouldn't appreciate a bit of extra accessory? :wink:
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

I got the lettering (and the hearts) from this company http://www.signnetwork.com/index.asp. I tried to find a font that was close to the "Buddy" font. The red hearts are reflective. The stock mirrors were not working at all for me, so I replaced them with a set of Kymco mirrors.

She has almost 600 miles on her. I don't use her for commuting to work, but we try to do long rides on weekends.

Here's a front shot of Betty (not very good, I shouldn't have used the flash):
Attachments
Buddy 002 (Small).jpg
Buddy 002 (Small).jpg (31.92 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
paige

Post by paige »

Bee-yoo-tiful!
JerryG

Post by JerryG »

Very nice, love the personalization.
Scoot On!

Jerry
mlee10018

Re: Topbox installed

Post by mlee10018 »

Shellee wrote:I finally decided to try installing my Givi topbox on my Buddy. It's a snug fit against the seat but it works. Hopefully Genuine will have the rear racks soon!
Would you be able to tell us the model of the givi top box that you have installed?
Thanks,
Megen
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

I got the E30N Monolock Tourcase from Ridenow.com.

http://www.ridenowonline.com/product_de ... a0b0c36bd7

They shipped it very quickly, I think within a week. I was leery of getting anything larger than the 30. I thought it would look out of proportion to the bike. I can fit my full-face helmet inside with no problem.
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
Bert

topbox

Post by Bert »

Shellee, I think your tiopbox is perfect. I'm fixin' to get one just as soon as I get my black Buddy. They have some wonderful words here in Texas, don't they?

Bert
Havn't scootered since '42
golfingirl

Post by golfingirl »

I'm trying to decide between a top box and a basket. Any suggestions? :?
Laura
Bert

topbox

Post by Bert »

I would like both, except I want a larger basket than what I have seen pictured. The topox I can lock, and the basket is for groceries or whatever. Do I mean groceries? Really? Have you seen the news today? Scooters may become a way of life here, just like it is in the rest of the world.

Bert
Havn't scootered since '42
mlee10018

Post by mlee10018 »

Shellee wrote:I got the E30N Monolock Tourcase from Ridenow.com.
do I also need to get other mounting hardware? I am also thinking of getting the extra brake light kit to make the back end more visible.
Thanks.
Lee
hangukhurley

Givi Topcase

Post by hangukhurley »

Hi, I'm hangukhurley and I'm new. I love your pics of Betty all "dressed up" with her trunk and stickers/decals.

I was riding a Vino 125 but just bought a pink Buddy 125 yesterday. I was very interested in the Givi trunk because I bought it (and husband installed it) on my Vino. I want to have it installed on my Buddy now. Do you have the brake light kit also? I was wondering if the kit will work with the Buddy's electrical wiring.

- hangukhurley
Shellee

Post by Shellee »

Hangukhurley...

Thank you, thank you. Betty loves compliments! :bat: I really need to post an updated picture of her. I also used to have a Vino 125... loved it but needed more power for the hills in my area of CT. Betty surely is great on hills!

As far as my topbox, this model does not have a light kit. (I wish I had gotten the 33-liter case, which does). I'm going to check into putting a strip of LED brake lights on the back of the box. I definitely want more lighting for the rear of the scooter.

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new Buddy!
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
BoneGirl

Post by BoneGirl »

I've ordered the rear rack, windshield and the top box for my Buddy. Decided to get it from Genuine just because it's matching pink. I hope the topbox is a decent quality.
castleton

Post by castleton »

I've ordered the same: black rack, topbox, short windshield. But what I really want is a cool dragon decal for the front. I'm having a hard time finding what I want--something in-between a fantasy and a fiery, man-eating dragon. None of the motorcycle decal sites I've visited have much variety--a lot of flames, few dragons. Maybe I should just find an airbrush artist!
--Pam

"You're not the boss of me, now."
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

castleton wrote:I've ordered the same: black rack, topbox, short windshield. But what I really want is a cool dragon decal for the front. I'm having a hard time finding what I want--something in-between a fantasy and a fiery, man-eating dragon. None of the motorcycle decal sites I've visited have much variety--a lot of flames, few dragons. Maybe I should just find an airbrush artist!
Have you tried this site:
http://www.fastdecals.com/
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
castleton

Post by castleton »

Thanks, dahuffy--that's a great site! but i'm looking for a multi-colored design. I'm thinking I'll just find the dragon I want and take it to an airbrush artist.
--Pam

"You're not the boss of me, now."