Premier Helmets in the US

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

magnato1

Premier Helmets in the US

Post by magnato1 »

Does anywhere know if I can get them in the US and if they are DOT approved? My g/f wants this one real bad:

http://the-cafe-racer.com/premier-jet-v ... ck?path=71
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

For such an expensive helmet, you might just consider biting the bullet and ordering it from The Cafe Racer. They advertise that they ship internationally. For fun, I punched in a fake Santa Barbara address and pulled up the payment details, which I've included below. Converting the amounts to US Dollars, shipping is $47.54 and the order total is $315.43. That's high, but the shipping is not outrageous considering how expensive the helmet is. It'd make an really cool Xmas gift, that's for sure.
Attachments
CafeRacerOrder.JPG
CafeRacerOrder.JPG (58.2 KiB) Viewed 703 times
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

Ha, I agree, that would be a cool xmas gift, but first she has to start riding. She wants to start riding my Cali Classic, but wont sack up and do it, and blames it on needing a helmet. I am definitely not buying her a $300 helmet in hopes she will actually start riding. But she is certainly welcome to, :lol:
pumpedoncaffeine

Post by pumpedoncaffeine »

The nolan N20's are similar and about 1/2 the price. Image
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

Pumped,

Nice work, I can see that working. Not as cool as the premier, but definitely a good option. Thanks!

But, I am still wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to get the Premier stateside, and is it DOT approved. Thanks
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

magnato1 wrote:Pumped,

Nice work, I can see that working. Not as cool as the premier, but definitely a good option. Thanks!

But, I am still wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to get the Premier stateside, and is it DOT approved. Thanks
If it is not imported to the US, it will not be DOT approved. Only helmets sold in the US market and designated as such from the distributor or manufacturer can apply for a DOT approval rating.

The Nolan mentioned, on the other hand, is DOT approved and is good kt.
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

magnato1[quote] [/but first she has to start riding[quote]

it's a great helmet, but if she is not yet riding???? Why would you buy into this 'materialistic' game?? As a woman my recommendation is : 'any helmet until you show passion, honey, sweetie, dear.' :roll: I'm just saying, unless she's the best you've ever had, why would you get sucked into this game????
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

anthony

Post by anthony »

There's also the Bell Custom 500: Image

$100. White, not cream/ivory, but fairly similar to what you're looking for minus the racing stripe.

Also, HCI also makes something similar w/ a red stripe:

Image[/img]

There's also an all-white one that I couldn't get to work on here. Here's a link: www.jafrum.com/core/media/media.nl/id.3 ... 0fe6ea9a2f

wow $40 too!