Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Spotted a black Buddy 50 this morning about 8:25 AM; heading south on Clairmont towards Lavista Road.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

Icecreamman

Post by Icecreamman »

Uh, I saw one for sale on Craigslist.

Does that count?
jmer1234

Post by jmer1234 »

Black Stella heading north on Broadway at 410. Would have pulled up to say hi but I was pulling into Jim's for breakfast.
Skippy

Buddy Sightings

Post by Skippy »

Hey fellow Buddy owners. New member and owner here. Just purchased my first Buddy last week and am loving it. So far, I haven't noticed any other Buddies or any scooters for that matter in my area, but I sure am getting turned heads when I ride by. I see there are a couple other owners listed on the owner map near me, so maybe we'll see each other one of these days. In the meantime, I will enjoy reading any tips or advice you can provide as a new owner.

Skippy :)
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

White Blur with a white topcase, parked right in front of my building, right now. Who's in da hood?

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
spodgorski

Post by spodgorski »

I've seen 3 Buddy scooters besides myself in McHenry, IL
Tam Tam

took a while to reply

Post by Tam Tam »

On Oct 28th. the weekend of the Dia De Los Muertes Rally here, saw a guy on a black Buddy, waiting to turn left onto Broadway from Josephine St. He had a dark over coat and scarf, and I made a left onto Josephine from Broadway, so I rolled right by him. Being in a deep leaning turn, I could only nod my head.
It was kinda nice, as we hit the full spread of styles right there - him on a stock (looking) but nice black buddy, black overcoat and scarf and pilot esque helmet, and me on Sally, all chrome fenders & racks and windshield, deadlights blazing, and wearing my black/ white striped leather armor jacket and full face black & checkerboad helmet, with 'Tam Tam' written on the back...
...so nice that scooter riding folk don't feel the need to dress alike, ala Harley weekend warriors with leather chaps and skull do rags etc...
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Collette

Post by Collette »

Red Buddy 50 Heading East on Venice this afternoon <333
If you want to know where a road leads, ask someone on their way back.
T'Pring

Post by T'Pring »

A red [at Starbucks] and a seafoam, separately, on Elliot Ave [Seattle].
If you choose not to decide -- you still have made a choice.
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I keep seeing a Red 125 Buddy with a deadlight-to-blinkers conversion with no tags, no key and beat to crap in the Norfolk area and a blue/grey restricted (SLOW) 50 International? (white wall tires) on Va. Beach Blvd while going to work.
chas

Post by chas »

Saw a black buddy parked in Old Town Tustin last night and a Black Stella parked at Kean Coffee also in Old Town Tustin on Saturday January 12th probably around 3 oclock or so but don't quote me on the time.
fossel

Post by fossel »

72 degrees today.what a nice day for late january.Saw a orange buddy,and a bunch of vespas on my cruise down the coast.
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Buddy in basement parking garage at Santana Row in San Jose.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

saw an orange buddy last week around noonish at fair oaks and california in pasadena. from the sound and speed i am guessing a 50
Riding is riding
Collette

Post by Collette »

Light Blue Buddy International crossing La Brea this morning with a wholllllle lotta cargo !!! :lol:
If you want to know where a road leads, ask someone on their way back.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Brand new (no plates, plastic on the seat) 170 parked outside of the 1800 Broadway building, presumably as some sort of gimmick to attract residents.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
phatch

Post by phatch »

Someone had an awesome custom green Buddy, riding down Mill Ave. near ASU on Saturday.
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Beaver Creek Ski Resort Channel 8, Maui Jim commercia;l....
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

pasadena, lake ave, afternoon 3/24, italia buddy, female rider in long sleeved black and white shirt / sweater with horizontal stripes, prima roll bag on the rack, moving kinda leisurely

'cmon now, girl. give it some throttle!! :P
Riding is riding
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Seen at the corner a of Alvernon and Ft. Lowell yesterday afternoon: olive-drab Buddy of unknown displacement. Gloss paint, white Army stars on the front cowl and side cowls. Rider was wearing old-style fighter pilot's goggles. Pretty cool!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

thread makes me kinda curious as to why riders who get "sighted" never post to post "THAT WAS I"

i mean, i thought all buddy riders posted at mb? ALL OF THEM / US!!
Riding is riding
chas

Post by chas »

JHScoot wrote:thread makes me kinda curious as to why riders who get "sighted" never post to post "THAT WAS I"

I would totally do that but nobody has spotted me yet.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

chas wrote:
JHScoot wrote:thread makes me kinda curious as to why riders who get "sighted" never post to post "THAT WAS I"

Same here... even when I've spotted other Buddies from my Buddy. :-)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Christophers wrote:
chas wrote:

Same here... even when I've spotted other Buddies from my Buddy. :-)
yeah guys thats what i was thinking, too? i mean i haven't gone over this entire thread and i am sure some have been acknowledged, but when i am out on my Buddy and i see this thread bumped i always check it to see 'maybe that was me' and it never is. but it is someone on a Buddy. just like when i have posted "SPOTTED ONE!"

but it seems no one ever posts back "hey i was that rider!" which seems strange given so small a community of nationwide riders which seem somewhat close knit as Buddy pilots, many of which do in fact post here. or at least are members here. maybe not as many check this thread as i may figure, though?

things that make you go "hmm?" :nerd:
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

A couple of people I've spotted have replied and said it was them.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Washington D. C. This afternoon. Green Buddy on Pennsylvania Avenue.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

^ that was not me!!!
Riding is riding
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

It was parked. No owner visible. Coulda been you.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i see what you've done there, Southerner. it will not work on this rider!! :cry:
Riding is riding
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Southerner wrote:Washington D. C. This afternoon. Green Buddy on Pennsylvania Avenue.
I rarely hear another sighting around here on this thread. Was it a seafoam 125, or the green 170i?
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Seafoam. Thanks. Couldnt remember that name.

OK JHscoot, Could you have been the orange one I saw this morning. On F street, wherever that is. I understand DC has 4 of each for the 4 quadrants.

Thete actually a lot of scoots here though not so many considering the population. Bicycles are HUGE here, maybe because of all the barricades and blocked streets. Plus they have something called Capitol Bikeshare.
Tam Tam

Post by Tam Tam »

hackett wrote:Brand new (no plates, plastic on the seat) 170 parked outside of the 1800 Broadway building, presumably as some sort of gimmick to attract residents.
Oh yes! I see that every day on my ride to work...a sharp silver 170 with a few balloons tied to it...As I recall, hackett, we first ran into each other on Basse road. You and your honey were in a vw, and I was on the blackjack. After a brief howdy, you commented that Genuine was making a silver one, and so they did. Do you have any lotto numbers for us? :D
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Back home now but still spotted a Buddy: Black, with a windscreen and a milk crate on Frederick Road heading toward Auburn.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Tam Tam wrote:Oh yes! I see that every day on my ride to work...a sharp silver 170 with a few balloons tied to it...As I recall, hackett, we first ran into each other on Basse road. You and your honey were in a vw, and I was on the blackjack. After a brief howdy, you commented that Genuine was making a silver one, and so they did. Do you have any lotto numbers for us? :D
No lotto numbers, but I saw an orange Buddy on Eisenhower crossing Harry Wurzbach yesterday at 12:15.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Seafoam Buddy 50 at 2nd Ave and 10th St S in downtown Minneapolis yesterday about quarter til four PM.

And the Pamplona 50 that parks where I work

(YAY SPRING)
C2

Post by C2 »

April 3 around 8:40am... A Pamplona at Charleston Rd @ Alma in Palo Alto, CA. I NEVER see anybody around my neighborhood on Buddy.
theflash784

Buddy Sightings

Post by theflash784 »

Okay, this is probably cheating but I never see other Buddys in the wild..... Today at Black Beard Powersports while I was picking up my Buddy, I spotted a red/creme Buddy 50 cc with a tan Prima roll bag on the back rack at the shop being rolled out of the service area by the mechanic- it was probably getting it's spring check up too. This was at 1:30 pm in Clinton Twp Mi on Groesbeck and 16 Mile. Of course there were several new ones in the showroom but I won't cheat that much!
Rob

Post by Rob »

An unusual sighting, at least for me.

A army green Stella with a sidecar. There was also a number (I believe it was an 8 ) on the scoot and the sidecar.

Near Broadway and Buena in Chicago.

Rob

** Edited because I didn't realize the number 8 followed by a ) would display an icon **
Last edited by Rob on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Jenn L

Post by Jenn L »

In MDR tonight, about half hour ago....I was on Mindanao at the intersection with Lincoln...saw a white Buddy go by, heading North on Lincoln.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

It's rare I see any 'in the wild'
Today, 9 April, about 9am I spotted a Pamplona at the Summit diner in Camp Hill, Pa (likely spotted him before same location)
After work, about 6:30pm, a tangerine Stella at the intersection of Hartsdale Dr and Gettysburg Rd.
I hollered stelllllaaa! [Couldn't help myself]
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
Jenn L

Post by Jenn L »

KABarash wrote: I hollered stelllllaaa! [Couldn't help myself]
Haha I do the same thing, and even have my boyfriend doing it (though I doubt he'd admit it). Most scoots get a "Scoooter!" but if it's a Buddy I yell "Buddyyyyy!"
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Buddy St. Tropez model parked on Lincoln in Willow Glen around 7:30pm Thursday evening-San Jose.
Jenn L

Post by Jenn L »

Buddy Italia parked on south side of Washington Blvd, west of Lincoln just before 7:00 pm tonight.
BootScootin'FireFighter

white Buddy 125 parked on the sidewalk next to a red Aprillia or a Kymco (couldn't tell for sure). IFO 4300 Wilson Blvd at the corner of N Glebe Rd. (Arlington), yesterday evening.
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:white Buddy 125 parked on the sidewalk next to a red Aprillia or a Kymco (couldn't tell for sure). IFO 4300 Wilson Blvd at the corner of N Glebe Rd. (Arlington), yesterday evening.

Speaking of DC, what rout do you use to get from there to Baltimore on your scooter?
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Spotted at Pima CC on Wednesday afternoon., an '09 Red Buddy 125! ScootOver plate surround, so it's a local. Looked pretty clean and well-cared for. At least the Yager had a buddy for a change! :lol:
Attachments
Two scoots in the MC parking? Oh, the humanity!
Two scoots in the MC parking? Oh, the humanity!
09_B125_Red.jpg (99.29 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
BootScootin'FireFighter

Stormswift wrote:Speaking of DC, what rout do you use to get from there to Baltimore on your scooter?
I'd prefer Rock Creek Pkwy/Beach Dr north to 16th St to Silver Spring, or N Capitol St to Silver Spring. From there, 29 is a fast track up towards Ellicott City where I merge onto 40 east a few miles into downtown.

If its early enough in the morning, I'd just bomb it up US 1 to Wilkens Ave. That way can easily be bogged down with traffic and a lot of trucks.

If I'm going anywhere east or NE of Baltimore, I'd take E Capitol St to 704 and Annapolis Rd, then meander a long combination of routes past Bowie and east of Ft Meade near BWI and cross the Key Bridge. I have taken the Harbor Tunnel once, but that was a little hairy. At least the Ft McHenry (I-95) tunnel has 4 lanes each way and is easier on and off.

If I had a group of scooters with me at least 125cc, I'd take B/W Pkwy with the smallest scoots up front and tell the lead rider to bury the throttle all the way until they see Camden Yards.

There's no easy way to get between the two in good timing.
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Buddy Italia at the St. Louis Bread Co. (Panera, for you non-STL types), Chippewa Blvd, around 5:45pm today. Had a topcase, I think.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

PeteH wrote:Buddy Italia at the St. Louis Bread Co. (Panera, for you non-STL types), Chippewa Blvd, around 5:45pm today. Had a topcase, I think.
I rode my Pamplona right by there last Monday heading to TFA and Starbucks LOL!!! We could have has an "International" convention :D

There is a orange Buddy parked regularly next door (on Olive, less than a block east of Grand, or sometimes across the street at the Wool Center. I see it a lot but have never met the person who owns it.
96 Decibel Freaks
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

An Italia turning onto Main St in Greensburg today. Couldn't catch up to it before it turned again but I think it was another female scooter pilot :) :)