Help me decide on a new buddy 125

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

subsailor

Help me decide on a new buddy 125

Post by subsailor »

Hello all!
I am looking at a new 2009 buddy 125 at a local dealer. He has loaded it up with lots of chrome, windshield etc. Says original price was 3700.00 and is selling it for 2000.00 does it sound like a good deal? Thanks for your help.
Dave
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Price comparison research . . Craigslist
easy

Post by easy »

seems like a good deal. Does it come with the standard 2 year wrnty? Is it a demo with miles on it.
what did you trade the day for?
toot

New Buddy 125

Post by toot »

I got my new 2009 here in So. Cal for $1995 with front rack and back rack..But got hammered with all the dealer fees and tax and reg and license fees, which is standard. BUT I also got that 2 year warranty. So I would say that BASE price is GOOD. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Sounds good. Any miles or is it just off the lot?
toot

New Buddy 125

Post by toot »

It had 14 miles on it from the dealer. Now I have 282. I will take it for first maintenance at shy of 500 in a few months... Take care :D :D :D :D
subsailor

Post by subsailor »

Zero miles full warranty baby blue 1988.00 plus tax and tag (about $150)
I'm just wondering why it sat for 3 years???
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

I was surprised when I bought my Eton Beamer from Colorado Powersports, onthe lot/ 4 years old, 76 odometer miles: sale price $1100 and then they started hammering me with delivery, et la prices until I was out the door at $1750. I just bit my tongue and thought it was part of the process. In retrospect, as they didn't tie it down correctly, and it flew off the van, and in the 1st delivery they delivered Beamer without running lights, turn signals et la ... all those additional 'handling' charges are IMHO rip off charges, sold and delivered to the rookie.

NOW, I get it.
Turn around and move out the door when they start tacking on the add-ons for their 'dead' inventory. If they won't negotiate... there's another scoot out there for you.... they are exploiting your situation, your passion, your idealism.
Unless you were born with "idiot" on your forehead.
It took me awhile to understand the game being played with 'rookies' like myself. There are a lot of scoots out there for sale, it's a brutal sales game. A 'macho' motor sports industry, exploiting fun seekers, and it requires huevos 'balls' on the part of the consumer who is motivated and inspired and empowered by passion and fun.
Think/act tough.... 8)
F&ck em if they can't be reasonably honest with you. Unless of course 'money is not a problem.'
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

theflash784

New Buddy 125

Post by theflash784 »

Scooter sales were really good in 2007 and 2008 so many manufactors made more scooters in 2009. Then the market crashed and many dealers were overstocked with 2009 models. I bought a new 2009 Buddy 125 last spring. The dealers are giving deals on them to try to clear them out. It's a quality scooter and that price is good. I hope you can get it and enjoy scootering.
TVB

Post by TVB »

avonpirate wrote:It took me awhile to understand the game being played with 'rookies' like myself.
There are good dealers and bad dealers. One "silver lining" to the restriction of credit and discretionary spending in 2008 (in addition to leaving a supply of unsold 2009 scoots for later discounting) is that the shops that survived are more likely to be the good kind.
subsailor

Post by subsailor »

Thanks for the advice. I'll watch for the add ons, and get a firm out the door price, including shipping, prep, stcf (screw the customer fee) etc.
I'll let you know.

Thanks again!!!
Dave
viney266

Post by viney266 »

TVB wrote:
avonpirate wrote:It took me awhile to understand the game being played with 'rookies' like myself.
There are good dealers and bad dealers. One "silver lining" to the restriction of credit and discretionary spending in 2008 (in addition to leaving a supply of unsold 2009 scoots for later discounting) is that the shops that survived are more likely to be the good kind.
^^^ agreed...There are reasonable fees from shops ( like delivery ) and some are a total joke. Uncrating a buddy 125 versus setting up a stella is a big difference.

2K is a good deal. Snag it while it is there.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Buy it
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL