[MR] So You Think YOU Had a Bad Day?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

[MR] So You Think YOU Had a Bad Day?

Post by jrsjr »

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dtXFThyr764" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Syd

Post by Syd »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :lol: :cry:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Is that not the worst thing? Poor guy. I've seen this and still wonder if that is a real road he is riding on or if it is maybe a walkway?

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
skully93

Post by skully93 »

if it's the little island, St. Martin...oof. Darn luggage getting in the way!

Looks like he's OK, and maybe the boat is fine, but I'm sure that bike is gonna have issues!
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

It was probably a walkway. Most of the bollards he's passing are in the background, but the one he snags with his pannier looks to be in the middle of the path. He cut it hella close if he snagged that. Also, it looks like the distance between the dropoff and the bollard was little more than the length of his bike; that's a bit narrow to be a road, even in Europe. My assessment is that the guy paid a penalty for poor judgement; shame he fell into a boat instead of the water.
Last edited by az_slynch on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Syd

Post by Syd »

He might have gotten lucky - it looks like the bike fell onto the dock, not the drink.
stASH

Post by stASH »

I imagine the boat owner's insurance claim will raise a few eyebrows at the insurance agency. "sailboat collision with motorcycle"
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

stASH wrote:I imagine the boat owner's insurance claim will raise a few eyebrows at the insurance agency. "sailboat collision with motorcycle"
:rofl:
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Edwub wrote:
stASH wrote:I imagine the boat owner's insurance claim will raise a few eyebrows at the insurance agency. "sailboat collision with motorcycle"
:rofl:
More like...
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Syd

Post by Syd »

A story on Yahoo says that it was all a part of a review of the bike, and that they presumed the rider was OK since it was released to YouTube so soon after it happened.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Found on the internets...

Lé French journalist Laurent Cochet suffered a freak accident while road/water-testing the 2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 ( the Gallic journo suffered a badly sprained thumb )

I found this on Moto-Journal's blog, from the rider himself (translated by Google)...

Well, just a little word to calm the buzz (I read so much unbelievable)! First, for those who are worried about my health, everything goes well (sprained left thumb, bruises everywhere). I thank very sincerely the majority of you who took my news, it reassures the fate of humanity
For those who think that my self-esteem is achieved ... well, if he was involved, I simply would not air the video because I'm the only one who can decide! Ridicule, laugh at myself even that I practice more often. It is even exactly why I decided to circulate despite its very impressive!
Now I am no more proud of it this fall, I could actually make me very very badly. On the number of miles a year and the type of stories that I do, I tell myself that it must necessarily fall on me (the first qualities of humility is a biker) ... and sometimes when we sometimes expect it the least! I have not a James Bond or a superhero, I thank you for the fall (including animal) as all of us! I remember that I have me even more suspicious (including and especially myself) and be more focused during filming!
Thank you all for your support and take care of yourself too.
Lolo

Not a horrendous outcome for the rider, but I met Yamaha might think twice before handing him keys in the future.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
phatch

Post by phatch »

W...T....F!