Warranty work.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

toadold

Warranty work.

Post by toadold »

I've been lurking around various sites trying to make up my mind on which scooter that I'm going to get. Nothing is perfect of course (The scooter must not weigh more than 200 pounds and have a top speed of 95mph :D )
But from what I've been reading Genuine seems to make the most effort and offer the best warranty.
Has anybody done a statistical analysis of owner satisfaction on this issue.
So far most of the issues that the Blur has also have work arounds.
On a Ninja 250r that I used to own trip to Autozone for a can of ignition seal plastic spray cured a lot of problems, the kickstand cut off switch for example.
I'm also thinking that some neoprene rubber o-rings might make good shock mounts for the luggage rack. We used to use neoprene pad and set punch presses loose on top of them.
In the future I'm thinking the Blur would be a good candidate for some quick release Dzus fasteners on the fairing and cowls to speed up access for maintenance and prevent the loss of screws in the parking lot. Anybody tried that yet?
turboscott

Post by turboscott »

I dont think theres enough Blurs to get statistical analysis...

And under 200 lbs and 95 mph is gonna be the wrong bike too! :lol:

I myself have not been too concerned with plastics removal, but if you end up doing it post some pics!
Voodoo "BOB" lights, Blur Rear Rack, SHAD SH40 Top Case, Brunton Fuel Cells, Garmin Nuvi with Ram Mount, Go Pro Hero 2 with Mount
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I have used them on many of my dirt bikes, where the plastic is off every weekend for air cleaner service and such. On the blur, I don't see needing to take the plastic off frequently, or if you are lucky, not at all :). It's not there there is anything under there for service. That is all done underneath, but it would look cool ;)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
toadold

Post by toadold »

Well given my past troubles of dropping things on an apartment block parking lots and losing screws there on, I kind of liked the idea of the quick release style. But on consideration my knees aren't what they used to be so I'll probably be dealer dependent anyway. I was thinking about talking the 250 pound lady who works in the apartment office into sitting on the bike when I did a valve check/adjustment but that might not be a good idea :roll:
I'm kind of down now because it looks like I'm going to have to come up a 20% down to get financing. Oh well buying in February might get me some treats from the dealer anyway.
Rush

Post by Rush »

Well 240 pounds dry with 45hp...

I've been eyeing this for hp versus weight and its a dual sport.... price tag of only $10k... dream on.

http://www.ktm.com/gb/enduro/350-exc-f- ... MkvUeRZWSp[/img][/url]
toadold

Post by toadold »

Whoa, a hair over 38 inchs seat height unload. Of course once you got on it you'd have enough torque to climb a vertical cliff.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

toadold wrote:Nothing is perfect of course (The scooter must not weigh more than 200 pounds and have a top speed of 95mph)
So, what have you found that meets those two specs? Certainly not the Blur. And not any other production scooter I have ever ridden.
toadold

Post by toadold »

Only in my dreams, along with my flying belt and the pony, new computer and hot sleazy blonde that I want for Christmas.....and instruction manuals for them all. :twisted:
A scooter with those actual specs would get the rider a Darwin award :P
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

toadold wrote:A scooter with those actual specs would get the rider a Darwin award
No kidding! A light weight Buddy that does 95 :shock: . (That would make even Kaos proud!)