Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

charlie55

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

Post by charlie55 »

After blowing the CB's tire at speed, this is the first Christmas where I'm actually looking forward to seeing a box of new underwear under the tree.

My wish for all of you is that the "Who's Crashed?" thread becomes a dead link in the coming year.
skipper20

Re: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all

Post by skipper20 »

charlie55 wrote:After blowing the CB's tire at speed, this is the first Christmas where I'm actually looking forward to seeing a box of new underwear under the tree.

My wish for all of you is that the "Who's Crashed?" thread becomes a dead link in the coming year.
A "dead" link. I truly hope not. Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

Bill in Seattle wintering in AZ
'12 170i Italia. "The Olive Pit"
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

OK, let's make that "an obsolete link". :)
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Yikes! Did you lose the front tire or the rear? :shock:

Glad you made it through OK!

Like Bill Cosby said, First you say it, then you do it! That's why it's called an accident! :lol:

Merry Christmas to you and yours. :D
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Thankfully, the rear. But it was my own fault for not checking the pressure first. Way under-filled, so the tube slipped and sheared the valve stem clean off.
Jackie F

Post by Jackie F »

Happy Holidays!

(from http://instagram.com/p/TbjpUlig5h/)
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Happy Holidays folks!
theflash784

Merry Christmas

Post by theflash784 »

Merry Christmas to one and All! Happy Holidays for those of different faiths. Here's hoping for a truly delightful 2013 with plenty of scootering!
kary

Merry Christmas Everyone

Post by kary »

My son and daughter on our scooters
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Merry Christmas everyone!
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Blah, blah, blah and to all a good night.

Whatever you celebrate or observe, I sincerely hope you are at peace and I wish you many fortunes for the new Apocalypse-free new year.

That last part ("Apocalypse-free") might be a bit of an assumption, but all that good will stuff still applies.

Also, I wish you all snow and road salt/sand free futures so you can fully enjoy your scoots.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! God bless!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Syd

Post by Syd »

Several years ago I posted this wish, and it is still true. For everyone on MB I wish little traffic and green lights in 2013.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
TVB

Post by TVB »

Syd wrote:Several years ago I posted this wish, and it is still true. For everyone on MB I wish little traffic and green lights in 2013.
:clap:
Rob

Post by Rob »

charlie55 wrote:After blowing the CB's tire at speed, this is the first Christmas where I'm actually looking forward to seeing a box of new underwear under the tree.

A toast to you for walking away unscathed after experiencing one of my worst fears ... the blowout. One of the few things I don't like about the Honda Shadow is the tubed tires for that exact reason.

A Happy and Safe New Years to all!

Every now and then I need a reminder to not sweat the small things and be appreciative of the things life has provided me. Certain things like 9/11, the Sandy Hook, Newtown, CT shooting, a good friend having to deal with one of his children's terrible drug issues ... all of those and more are reminders to me.

A happy and healthy family.
Living a comfortable life style.
Being able to some degree financially help others in need.
Enjoying another safe season of riding with my wife and friends.
Watching my grandsons enjoy another Christmas.
2012 was a great year!

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Rob wrote:

A toast to you for walking away unscathed after experiencing one of my worst fears ... the blowout. One of the few things I don't like about the Honda Shadow is the tubed tires for that exact reason.

A Happy and Safe New Years to all!

Every now and then I need a reminder to not sweat the small things and be appreciative of the things life has provided me. Certain things like 9/11, the Sandy Hook, Newtown, CT shooting, a good friend having to deal with one of his children's terrible drug issues ... all of those and more are reminders to me.

A happy and healthy family.
Living a comfortable life style.
Being able to some degree financially help others in need.
Enjoying another safe season of riding with my wife and friends.
Watching my grandsons enjoy another Christmas.
2012 was a great year!

Rob
Thanks. What really saved me was the part of the MSF training that instructs you to, in the event of a tire failure, only apply the brakes on the "good" wheel. I'm guessing that they knocked me out and planted a chip in my brain, because it wasn't a conscious effort on my part. :lol:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Happy New Year to all. It's a pleasure to post here and with the Genuine riding community. Here's to a safe year of riding to come for all us BuddyHeads :)
Riding is riding
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

charlie55 wrote:

Thanks. What really saved me was the part of the MSF training that instructs you to, in the event of a tire failure, only apply the brakes on the "good" wheel. I'm guessing that they knocked me out and planted a chip in my brain, because it wasn't a conscious effort on my part. :lol:
Yes, I still remember fishtailing on the expressway because my valve stem broke and I didn't realize it until, of course, I was riding at speed! Quite a scary experience....
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Rob

Post by Rob »

charlie55 wrote: Thanks. What really saved me was the part of the MSF training that instructs you to, in the event of a tire failure, only apply the brakes on the "good" wheel. I'm guessing that they knocked me out and planted a chip in my brain, because it wasn't a conscious effort on my part. :lol:
That's the acid test. The things we learn, will we apply them in emergency situations without thinking? Much easier said than done ... so again, job well done!

I do try to practice some of these learnings while in non-emergency situations. One of the reasons I enjoy riding in rural settings. That sometimes lends itself better to practicing techniques.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright