LA/SoCal : ADVENTURISTS SCOOTER GROUP : Opening Ride 2013

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Skootz Kabootz

LA/SoCal : ADVENTURISTS SCOOTER GROUP : Opening Ride 2013

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Greetings LA/SoCal MBers!
Our second season of rides is about to get under way so I'd like to take a moment and introduce our adventure scooting group to those of you who don't know about it.

THE ADVENTURISTS SCOOTER GROUP
The Adventurists Scooter Group hosts group rides for experienced scooterists with advanced riding skills. Our rides are technically demanding, require stamina, long-distance endurance, adherence to group riding best-practices, and a healthy appetite for fun and adventure. If full days of twisty roads, mountain and canyon riding, wide open spaces, and getting as far away from congested city traffic as possible sounds like your kind of a good time, then we're the group for you.

A Different Kind of Ride
Our goal is to provide a safe and fun environment where together with a great group of friends we can share our taste for adventure, stretch our scooting abilities, on occasion drag knee, and generally get our scooting ya-ya’s out. Our rides follow technically demanding routes and are a fairly different style of ride than one's typical scooter group ride or rally. These are definitely not your gentle afternoon scoots around town.

We ride somewhat aggressively so our rides will not be everyone's cup of tea nor will they be appropriate for every rider. But if you have a 125cc+ scooter capable of sustained GPS 55mph+, you've been riding for a minimum of 1 year and 6000 miles, you are thoroughly familiar with group riding best practices, and you have at least 10 group rides behind you (including at least 3 canyon group rides and 3 100+ mile group rides), then please check us out at: meetup.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup.

OPENING RIDE : 2013 SEASON : 1/5/13
We have some great rides scheduled for our 2013 season including a trip up the coast through San Simeon and Big Sur to Monterey, riding the famous Ridge Route Road, exploring Lake Arrowhead via Angeles Crest Hwy and the Rim of the World, riding to Amerivespa (of course), and much more.

To kick off the year we are reprising what was our twistiest and most talked about ride of 2012 - the Cool Coastal Canyon Cruise. This is a full day of carving our way in and out and up and down the coast on some of the best and most famous twisty canyon roads in the world, all while enjoying the spectacular ocean views. This is a very (very) twisty ride and includes the single most exquisitely twisty road I have found thus far in all of Southern California. Nice.

For full ride details please visit our meetup page at: meetup.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup

Thanks Everyone!
It is a huge pleasure to introduce the Adventurists Scooter Group to you and announce this opening ride of our 2013 season. I thank all our members for having made 2012 such wonderful fun and look forward to another great day and another great year of riding with you.

You can find more Adventurists Scooter Group information at: meetup.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup
Join our email list at: adventurists.scootergroup.org
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/AdventuristsScooterGroup

I hope to see some of you out for the ride this Saturday as well as throughout the rest of 2013. (And of course on future LA Scooter Meetup Group rides as well).

Happy riding!

Skootz / Justin
Attachments
asg_patch_198.png
asg_patch_198.png (21.08 KiB) Viewed 891 times

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Sounds like my kind of rides. I wish i were closer.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Hey Howard — Glen from then Phoenix Scooter Group just trailered out for our last ride. Not sure if you know each other but maybe you could trailer together? It would be great to have you here!

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |