Ventura area shop?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tom

Ventura area shop?

Post by Tom »

Looks like Harley Davidson in Ventura and Genuine have parted ways. I just called to see if I could get my new tires put on and they said they aren't working on them anymore..
Anyone know where the next closest spot might be where I could get a Genuine authorized- or simply trustworthy- scooter mechanic?
Edwub

Post by Edwub »

Don't know about mechanics, but the authorized dealer list is viewable at:
http://www.genuinescooters.com/dealers_map.html

I can see 'Ventura Motorsports' in Camarillo as the closest dealer location. Second place is Thousand Oaks, where I bought mine from - but no idea on service quality.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Nevermind! Found one on Genuine's dealer list. Guess that would have been a smart first look eh?
I'm ditching school to take a nice coastal ride up to Goleta. Anybody worked with these guys before?
Kawasaki of Santa Barbara
5836 Hollister Ave.
Goleta, CA 93117
(805) 964-4685
Tom

Post by Tom »

Edwub wrote:Don't know about mechanics, but the authorized dealer list is viewable at:
http://www.genuinescooters.com/dealers_map.html

I can see 'Ventura Motorsports' in Camarillo as the closest dealer location. Second place is Thousand Oaks, where I bought mine from - but no idea on service quality.
Ventura motorsports is now "Ventura Harley". They need to come off that list. I really actually liked their mechanics, even not being a Harley guy. It's a bummer, but I guess it's an odd partnership.

I called the guys in Thousand Oaks, but their shop is really busy at the moment. They can't change tires for me till monday, and I want them on for the ride Saturday. Goleta shop said, "Just come on in, we change tires on the spot." Its further out, but that makes for a beautiful coastal ride, partially down State street in Santa Barbara. This is so appealing to me at the moment, that I'll even miss Algebra for it. :P
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I've been to Kawasaki of SB. They're really nice—they fed us on our ride up to Los Gatos a few years ago.

There's also Thousand Oaks Powersports which might be closer depending on your exact location. I haven't been there in a couple years but they seemed pretty cool.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Tom

Post by Tom »

ericalm wrote:I've been to Kawasaki of SB. They're really nice—they fed us on our ride up to Los Gatos a few years ago.

There's also Thousand Oaks Powersports which might be closer depending on your exact location. I haven't been there in a couple years but they seemed pretty cool.
Agreed! They are great. Just got back so it was an all day sort of ride. Got the tires changed and went ahead and did the next service a little early since I was there. Spent a good deal of time drooling over the buddys in there, and this bike as well:

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/produc ... =14&id=550
magnato1

Re: Ventura area shop?

Post by magnato1 »

Tom wrote:Looks like Harley Davidson in Ventura and Genuine have parted ways. I just called to see if I could get my new tires put on and they said they aren't working on them anymore..
Anyone know where the next closest spot might be where I could get a Genuine authorized- or simply trustworthy- scooter mechanic?
Tom,

What route did you take to SB on your trip? Also, are you still using Kawi of SB as your shop or have you been going to the Thousand Oaks shop? Thanks
Tom

Post by Tom »

I go to both, depending whether the scooter is drivable or not. I have it towed to T.O., or I ride to Goleta. Goleta shop is easier to get into and I like the ride. T.O. shop I drop it off and it's there for a while. I'm not trashing them, they just seem to be really busy.

I ride up the Ojai way turn after lake Casitas and then drop into Carpenteria. From there it's just those frontage roads that go to SB alongside the beach there, move up towards State street and take it up to Goleta. CRAPPIEST directions ever! But these are roads I only know by sight and not name, and to be honest sometimes I don't even know where I'm heading. I just know I need to go "that way", haha.
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

Tom wrote:I go to both, depending whether the scooter is drivable or not. I have it towed to T.O., or I ride to Goleta. Goleta shop is easier to get into and I like the ride. T.O. shop I drop it off and it's there for a while. I'm not trashing them, they just seem to be really busy.

I ride up the Ojai way turn after lake Casitas and then drop into Carpenteria. From there it's just those frontage roads that go to SB alongside the beach there, move up towards State street and take it up to Goleta. CRAPPIEST directions ever! But these are roads I only know by sight and not name, and to be honest sometimes I don't even know where I'm heading. I just know I need to go "that way", haha.

Hahaha! Don't sweat the directions man, I know what you're talking about, just wasn't sure if you were mobbing 101. My Stella tops out around 58 indicated, so I wouldn't wanna hit the 101 and would likely end up with a ticket, just curious. Also I was curious about your experience with the TO shop. If you're ever gonna be in SB on the weekend and you wanna look like real nerds riding matching Dijon Stellas, let me know, :)
Tom

Post by Tom »

Yes! I will. I am actually headed out there soon to do a service, just waiting on the next payday. Usually I spend the day at that Mexican restaurant next door to them while they are working on it. I'll hit you up!
Lokky

Post by Lokky »

I wish I could be more helpful but just a reminder that mounting tires on split rims is super easy and there is no real need to have a dealership do it for you if you can do it yourself.
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

Tom wrote:Yes! I will. I am actually headed out there soon to do a service, just waiting on the next payday. Usually I spend the day at that Mexican restaurant next door to them while they are working on it. I'll hit you up!
Call in advance, I took mine in Saturday and they couldn't get to it, said they would get to it this week.