Custom Stella Seats

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

trumptonriot

Custom Stella Seats

Post by trumptonriot »

We got some seats redone in leather. Opinions?

SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Those are some sleek lookin seats. What I dig the most is the red rims on the black Stella.

I did some custom work on my back rest seat pad, going from the factory black to a matching grey. I then had my nickname stitched in a font to match the Stella script.

http://twitter.com/SockyTX/status/28256 ... 63/photo/1

BTW, which white walls are those with the modern tread on those red rims? I'm lookin for some new white walls and am considering a non-classic lookin tread
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
mqracing

Post by mqracing »

Did you have rain covers made for the seats?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Very nice. I'm sure they look/feel even nicer in person!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
trumptonriot

Post by trumptonriot »

SockyTX wrote:Those are some sleek lookin seats. What I dig the most is the red rims on the black Stella.

I did some custom work on my back rest seat pad, going from the factory black to a matching grey. I then had my nickname stitched in a font to match the Stella script.

http://twitter.com/SockyTX/status/28256 ... 63/photo/1

BTW, which white walls are those with the modern tread on those red rims? I'm lookin for some new white walls and am considering a non-classic lookin tread
Those are the Prima whitewalls.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Are they tubeless?
Did you change the rims?
I thought they only came in tubeless which is what steered me away from them to begin with. (Pun intended)
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

SockyTX wrote:Are they tubeless?
Did you change the rims?
I thought they only came in tubeless which is what steered me away from them to begin with. (Pun intended)
You can run tubeless tyres with tubes on stock rims.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

OK, but the real question is, have they ridden the bike with the Primas. Everything I have read says the Primas rub on the 4T. Not in the front, obviously, but the back tire will rub on the engine because the tire is too wide. So, is it a 2T in the picture, or does the dealer have some fix to prevent the tire from rubbing?
trumptonriot

Post by trumptonriot »

magnato1 wrote:OK, but the real question is, have they ridden the bike with the Primas. Everything I have read says the Primas rub on the 4T. Not in the front, obviously, but the back tire will rub on the engine because the tire is too wide. So, is it a 2T in the picture, or does the dealer have some fix to prevent the tire from rubbing?
There's tons of room, I can almost squeeze my hand in there.
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

The 3.5 x 10's fit with no problems. The 100/90 10s won't fit on the front or back. The disc brake cable and housing limits the clearance in the front, and the engine in the back. I tried.
gilbee

Post by gilbee »

speaking of seats. have any of you seen or done anything like any of these? i'm interested in figuring out how to get/make #s 1 and 2.

Image #1
This one's my favorite, i just wish the back of the seat were flush with the body ^^
I like the café racer inspired seats, but since i ride mine as a daily, i would need a ton of cushion.

Image #2
sort of like this one ^^
I feel like this is a more realistic design on account of the gas tank height and components.
i also feel that this one would require very little to no change to the body work. which makes me think that this design would be the best for the 4t.

Image #3
i like the latch design for this one but don't like the idea of drilling into the body.

Image #4

Image #5

Image #6

Image #7
#s 7 and 8 are just wishful thinking/eye-candy to me.
Image #8

p.s. SockyTX, your custom bike is really sexy. well done.
Tipper

Post by Tipper »

You will have trouble making some if not all of those seats work on a 4t because of the raised tank.

Another company in the uk have just started making the ancilotti for the 4t

http://www.lmlocgb.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtop ... =16&t=7968