helmet ID

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gilbee

helmet ID

Post by gilbee »

i saw this helmet while browsing the photo gallery for the 2012 mods vs rockers event in chicago and i was wondering if anyone could tell me a make and model for this helmet?

thanks in advance!
Cheshire

Post by Cheshire »

On both sides of the chin guard it says, "N10". My guess is an old Nolan, but I could be wrong. :)
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

If you want modern similar helmet, look at the Simpson Bandit.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I don't know what kind of helmet it is but I like seeing all the scooters parked on the right side of the photo! That guy is checking them out too :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
gilbee

Post by gilbee »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:I don't know what kind of helmet it is but I like seeing all the scooters parked on the right side of the photo! That guy is checking them out too :)
http://goodsparkgarage.com/chicago-mods ... ent-video/
:wink:

i like the simpson bandit a lot, however it's not DOT approved and it's designed for race cars... plus it's like $400. :(
i mean it is SNELL approved, (which i understand is a higher safety rating than DOT) but will that be enough to not get ticketed if i get pulled over?
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

If you are comfortable with the rating, but some DOT stickers on ebay.
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

gilbee wrote:i like the simpson bandit a lot, however it's not DOT approved and it's designed for race cars... plus it's like $400. :(
i mean it is SNELL approved, (which i understand is a higher safety rating than DOT) but will that be enough to not get ticketed if i get pulled over?
If it passes the SNELL tests, you should be fine. I have a good friend who is on first responder moto team... SNELL trumps DOT in almost every state. I believe the exclusion to the list is the eastern states still require DOT even if the helmet is SNELL rated. However, check your local laws to be sure.