garage door opener

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

redcass

garage door opener

Post by redcass »

I got tired of punching in the key code for my garage door opener, so I picked up an extra remote and some industrial strength velcro. Now with a quick tap from my left thumb, I can roll right into the garage. And when I park out in public I just move the remote to the velcro I installed under the seat.
Attachments
remote1.jpg
remote1.jpg (71.31 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
remote2.jpg
remote2.jpg (74.46 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Isn't velcro great?

When using it, I keep my opener in my jacket pocket, where I can activate it without removing it from said pocket! 8)
redcass

Post by redcass »

Yes, I've only recently discovered how marvelous velcro is. Any other tips for velcro with/on the Buddy?
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Put some on the seat and your pants, and then you don't have to worry about those big potholes! :P

In other words, no other ideas from me....
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Vini, vidi, velcro.
"I came, I saw, I stuck around".
-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

LOTS of things you can velcro on and in a Buddy.
Among some ideas I've had:
  • a bag custom made to fit in the glovebucket
  • a larger, more complete tool set velcro'd under the seat
  • or the "wallet" where I keep all my registration and insurance info velcro'd under the seat
  • LED flashlight and small clock velcro'd in glovebucket
  • battery-operated LED or taplight velcro'd to inside lid of topcase
  • velcro "pockets" to keep frequently-carried items from rolling around in topcase
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
redcass

Post by redcass »

Those are great ideas, ericalm! I have some fabric laying around, I'm gonna try some of these mods this weekend.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I did the same thing with velcro, except I put it just inside the open glove box. That way, I don't have to stop when I come home...just poke the button down the block and the door is open when I roll in the driveway!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Keys wrote:I did the same thing with velcro, except I put it just inside the open glove box. That way, I don't have to stop when I come home...just poke the button down the block and the door is open when I roll in the driveway!
One industrious GTS owner over on ModernVespa installed a garage door switch (and several others) right into the back of his legshield. I've seen similar mods on other Vespas, but not on Buddys (yet).
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
redcass

Post by redcass »

One industrious GTS owner over on ModernVespa installed a garage door switch (and several others) right into the back of his legshield. I've seen similar mods on other Vespas, but not on Buddys (yet).[/quote]

Holy crap! That's a pretty insane mod. :goofy:
RedCass
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

I used velcro to adhere a clock I bought in automotive dept at Target.
Fits on the left side inside the glove box, but the only thing is that side has more room than the right side so sometimes I cover the clock up when I put a bottle of water there. Dasani bottle won't fit on the right side.

The clock is situated so I can easily see it while riding. Even the scooter dealer commented how much he liked it. Big whoop for a $5.00 digital clock. But I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
Syd

Post by Syd »

My remote clips perfectly under the DOT turn signal stem. It fits almost perfectly, and as an added bonus, it can barely bee seen, so I haven't moved it in months.

Jim
kat

Post by kat »

i put mine in the same place jim; one wouldn't know it was there if not looking for it!
Drumwoulf

Post by Drumwoulf »

ryder1 wrote:I used velcro to adhere a clock I bought in automotive dept at Target.
Fits on the left side inside the glove box, but the only thing is that side has more room than the right side so sometimes I cover the clock up when I put a bottle of water there. Dasani bottle won't fit on the right side.

The clock is situated so I can easily see it while riding. Even the scooter dealer commented how much he liked it. Big whoop for a $5.00 digital clock. But I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
Great idea! I have a clock built-in on my Vespa GT, so I miss having one on the Buddy... I'll look for the time piece at Target. Thanks!
Namaste,
~drummer~

07 Buddy 125
07 Vespa GT200