winter blues...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skully93

winter blues...

Post by skully93 »

So, since we might actually get a week of actual winter....

What are your scooter hopes and dreams for this year?

I hope to:

1) Finally get everything fixed on my Kymco so I can leave it the heck alone and take some longer trips on it.
2) Make at least 1 ride through some canyons to Boulder to eat yummy cupcakes at Tee and Cakes
3) Get my wife her MSF class and new to her scoot all set up (I already have a prima pipe and sliders ready to go for a scoot we haven't bought yet!)
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

1) Bigger topcase

2) Try to get to St Cloud. Because if I can get to St Cloud and back without incident, well, two lane roads are two lanes roads, and once I've conquered that (state or Fed two-lanes rather than county) the sky's the limit, right?
TVB

Post by TVB »

1) Finish the trip I started in 2009, by riding through the eight remaining counties in Michigan.
2) See #1.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I'm at about 33K miles right now. I'm going to see if I can break 40K by the end of the year.
We'll see what weather comes with Spring this year. I'm wondering if we'll get slammed since we haven't had much snow this Winter.
I'm torn because we need the moisture but I just wanna ride!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Tocsik wrote: I'm torn because we need the moisture but I just wanna ride!
I know that feel, bro.

We've got significant drought as well.

I am ALL in favor of lots of precip...but...it can be rain now. I'm done with snow.

/significant precip event forecast for this weekend
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

I just want to get a Helix and ride the hell out of it. Even if it's just around the block 2 or 3 hundred times. Losing this past season to rebuilding that CB was too frustrating for words.

Ideally, I'd like to get it before my daughter's spring semester ends. That way I can ride down to her college and take her to lunch at the local 5 Guys.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

The storm had put the breaks on my scootering year already, even though I live in upstate NY. I plan on this being a big year for me.

First off, I will be getting a Stella 4T. I also plan on giving it a mod treatment complete with mirrors and lights. Nothing crazy, no leopard seats or 25 lights and 14 mirrors, just a few lights and maybe 6-8 mirrors. The plan is to get the Stella in March.

Second, I am getting a shed installed just for the Stella. here is where the storm is messing things up for me. The shed guy was supposed to come over on Monday for a look at the site I want to place the shed, and to work up a final quote. I am not so sure that is gonna happen with a foot of snow in the yard.

Third, I am taking the MSF course, and finally getting my MC license after all of these years. I rode motorcycles in the 1980's, but always on permits.

So, here's hoping for less, rather than more snow, and warm weather early next week to melt it.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Find something to replace the Fiddle.

The new TGB Bellavita has really interesting specs - dual disks, the SYM 264cc out of the Citycom, acceptable styling. But TGB has almost no presence in the states, so it might not even make it in (my) timeframe.

The BV350 doesn't fit as well as I'd like, but the mechanicals are beyond impressive.

But hope springs eternal, and I'd wait if I could hear an announcement, a good rumor even, on the Rainbow Unicorn. I dream of myself as Batman.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
theflash784

winter blues

Post by theflash784 »

1. Get a front rack
2. Get a pair of saddlebags
3. Since my tan Prima bag is looking a little worse for wear, maybe I will get a topcase to match my Buddy.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Syd wrote:Find something to replace the Fiddle.

The new TGB Bellavita has really interesting specs - dual disks, the SYM 264cc out of the Citycom, acceptable styling. But TGB has almost no presence in the states, so it might not even make it in (my) timeframe.
I'm a fan of the Bellavita myself. So much so that I've got TGB Australia friended on Facebook. Every so often I google around madly trying to find an update now that it's 2013. Basically I'm looking for something new since (what i'm assuming to be) illnoise's info from 2009.

http://2strokebuzz.com/category/makes-and-models/tgb

I was sort of hoping that with the big deal that TGB made of the Bellavita in Australia they would start leaking info about a US launch...but that hasn't happened.
jdanderson1449

Post by jdanderson1449 »

I guess we've been pretty luck and I've only not ridden a motorized 2 wheeled mode of transportation for about a month total all winter. I've got a few goals mostly mechanical for a Blackjack that's already pretty much perfect. I just wanna juice it up a bit.

Me and the lady decided to get hitched next fall so that comes absolute first and we're doing pretty well to handle it. I'm gonna ride the scoot to work today and see if I can get it on a lift to do some weighing and measuring. Also gonna get my ignition mods thrown on while I'm there. I wanna get variator, rollers, clutch and bell done before spring really hits.

I have about 3 trips I do a year but I think I have to give at least one of them up for the wedding and honeymoon. My dirt trip to Iowa has to go I guess. Still have Arkansas and I like I take a Memorial Day weekend ride too. I'm getting kinda jazzed up for this year and riding season to get rolling. It hasn't really been winter here but it's still been long.
09 Blackjack (less than stock)
00 Suzuki SV650
69 Honda CL450 (sold)
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Sell my Buddy so I can upgrade to a 125/150 without taking too much of a loss. If those fabled Stella twisties show up this Spring, I may have to swallow some pride and ask my dealer what he'd give me in trade-in...

Failing that, keep losing weight so my 50 isn't weighed down too much.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"