Difference in Blur 220 & Blur 150 seat?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

davelhunter

Difference in Blur 220 & Blur 150 seat?

Post by davelhunter »

Can anyone confirm if there is any difference between the Blur 220 and Blur 150 seat? From what I can remember of my Blur 150 the seat on my 220 looks identical, but I never had them side by side. Anyone here own both that can confirm for sure? I am ordering a new seat and the price for the 220 seat is almost double. The part numbers are different. I didn't know if there was some minor change in the shape, height,etc.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

As far as I can see in pictures and from memory (I have a 150 and have ridden a 220 a few times and didn't notice any difference), they are the same. The foreign-market PGO Gmax had a 2-3 different seat styles over the years/models, but I think all the US-market seats were the same. It's possible they look the same in photos but the vinyl is a different texture or the mounting hardware is different, but as far as I can remember, there's no difference there either.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

a new 220 seat felt different to me than my 'broken-in' 150 ... but I really think they are identical. I have pictures of the 2 side by side and they have the identical shape
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
davelhunter

Called Genuine to confirm

Post by davelhunter »

I called Genuine yesterday to confirm if there was a difference between the two seats. They said there was a difference between the two seats and this is why there were two different part numbers. I was told that the seat contour was changed on the 220i because the 150 owners had complained that they felt like they were shifting forward toward the front of the seat while riding. From looking at the pics I can honestly not tell any difference. The difference must be very minimal.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I knew they were working on it, I'd been in their office and they showed me a few chopped up seats that they'd been messing around with. I test-rode the prototype 220 that they had for emissions testing, and I thought it had the entirely different seat that was on the asian version of some models (I can't find the photos I took). But when it came out, I didn't notice any difference and just figured they ended up using the same one.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.