Honda Unveils Some New Stuff

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

JHScoot wrote:...i just browsed the site for updated info and the cb1100 is indeed a nice buy for......$9,999. other models are still listed as TBD
That is a little strange. I would guess that Honda are quietly taking positions in the currency markets to hedge against exchange rate fluctuations, but it doesn't make sense that they would price the other bikes and hold off on some particular models, unless they've already produced and shipped the other models. It's hard to believe it's a simple oversight either because, if so, why would they fill in the blanks model by model? Clearly, I don't get it. :?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Ya know, I was really happy when all I wanted was a Bonneville. It was such a nice, simple, single minded world I lived in. Nothing else even made me look twice. Is it a Bonneville? No? Thanks, I'll pass. Now this, this, this Honda has come and screwed it all up. Damn Honda.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

jrsjr wrote:
JHScoot wrote:...i just browsed the site for updated info and the cb1100 is indeed a nice buy for......$9,999. other models are still listed as TBD
That is a little strange. I would guess that Honda are quietly taking positions in the currency markets to hedge against exchange rate fluctuations, but it doesn't make sense that they would price the other bikes and hold off on some particular models, unless they've already produced and shipped the other models. It's hard to believe it's a simple oversight either because, if so, why would they fill in the blanks model by model? Clearly, I don't get it. :?
yeah it seems to be trickling in, the pricing. and not TBA but TBD as if they are still mulling it over

we know the price of a few models. and if the naked and sport cb500's are $500 apart at $5500 and $6,000, respectively, where will that put the cb500 adventure? i would think it cannot go much north of 6K. and even at 6K the 700X sits just a grand higher

ok, its never just a grand. thats enough money to save. but it would not be enough for ME to save to choose the 500 over the 700. and if the adventure does indeed go somewhat north of 6K that difference will be even less
Riding is riding
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:Ya know, I was really happy when all I wanted was a Bonneville. It was such a nice, simple, single minded world I lived in. Nothing else even made me look twice. Is it a Bonneville? No? Thanks, I'll pass. Now this, this, this Honda has come and screwed it all up. Damn Honda.
This is what some of our foreign contributors refer to as "first world problems." :wink:
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

jrsjr wrote:
Lostmycage wrote:
I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you (and that's cool cause it's just my opinion). The NC700X looks fantastic in person and with real world reports of 72+ mpg (per an actual owner) I've decided that this is my next bike.

I might dump the MP3 in favor of the NC700X and a 4T Stella.
Sou you pretty much liked it, huh? :wink: I was smitten with it, too, but decided to go on without it. Aaaaaand, as things worked out, that money went to that other thing we talked about. :roll:
Yeah. I talked to a guy that brought one to the Rally that Seven Hills held a few weeks ago and he was telling me that he hit 72 MPG with the big Givi side cases on the trip to Richmond from VA Beach. The ergos are exactly what I look for in a bike, so I'm pretty smitten. It's probably not going to be anytime soon, but it will be next.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

jrsjr wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:Ya know, I was really happy when all I wanted was a Bonneville. It was such a nice, simple, single minded world I lived in. Nothing else even made me look twice. Is it a Bonneville? No? Thanks, I'll pass. Now this, this, this Honda has come and screwed it all up. Damn Honda.
This is what some of our foreign contributors refer to as "first world problems." :wink:
There's a meme for that. :lol:
http://www.quickmeme.com/First-World-Problems/

mqracing

Post by mqracing »

they're still hondogs :roll:

ride Italian. ride a v7 guzzi.
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

IF I was going to buy Italian, it would be a Guzzi.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

if i was going to buy Italian it would be a lasagna
Riding is riding
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

JHScoot wrote:if i was going to buy Italian......
...it would be two or three bikes. Wait, I already did that. But one of the
new V7 Guzzi's would sure be a nice addition to the garage :wink: .
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Skootz Kabootz wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
Attachments
Triumph Bonneville vs Honda CB1100.JPG
Triumph Bonneville vs Honda CB1100.JPG (48.52 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

jrsjr wrote:
Skootz Kabootz wrote:
jrsjr wrote: This is what some of our foreign contributors refer to as "first world problems." :wink:
OMG! We've made a cultural contribution!!! :+!:

:rofl:

Southerner

Post by Southerner »

Scooterfile refers to an article in Hell for Leather about EICMA that puts Honda in a good light. Worth a read.
Lance Corona

Post by Lance Corona »

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Lance Corona wrote:Future offering from Honda.
Whoa, a 28 inch seat on this bad boy, and look at those custom hard bags, Could be one of these with the DCT transmission in my future.
Attachments
Honda-CTX (Medium).jpg
Honda-CTX (Medium).jpg (46.2 KiB) Viewed 1677 times
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

Dooglas wrote:
Lance Corona wrote:Future offering from Honda.
Whoa, a 28 inch seat on this bad boy, and look at those custom hard bags, Could be one of these with the DCT transmission in my future.
Low seat a d automatic reansmission is my dream bike. The price though.....Like I said, A dream bike
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
skully93

Post by skully93 »

well, it's 2k cheaper if you shift, and the shifter is on the handlebar ,so it's only as complex as a shifty scooter :P.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Actually the DCT transmission AND ABS brakes adds only a $1000 to the price of the standard models. Hell of a deal if you ask me!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/02/08/20 ... irst-look/
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

The folks in the local maxi club are already checking out the trade-in values on their T-Maxs, Sportcitys, and Burgmans.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

OMG! Leave it to Honda to have the resources to pull something unexpected like this out of the hat. I had no clue and, apparently, neither did anybody else. They announced it on a Friday and many of the motorcycle sites haven't even picked it up yet. I like the accessorized version of that bike with the taller fairing and the matching bags that Dooglas posted above. It looks really nice. :shock: Here is the unaccessorized version for comparison, also not bad...
Attachments
2014 Honda CT700Dx
2014 Honda CT700Dx
Honda CT700Dx.jpg (86.45 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

i like!!

any word on the reliability of these auto's from Honda? service requirments, etc?

Riding is riding
Lance Corona

Post by Lance Corona »

It looks like this is just the beginning.

From the Cycleworld article:

But wait, that’s not all. The release goes on to state: “These new models introduced today are just the first in a whole new family of CTX products of various displacements and engine configurations that will be rolled out in the future.”

This model is right up my alley.

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

interesting stuff but i wonder if some models will be on the way out? seems honda have lot's of offerings and prices can start to bump up against one another. and for a couple models, notably the 500cc "adventure" model, there is still no pricing
Riding is riding
Lance Corona

Post by Lance Corona »

JHScoot wrote:notably the 500cc "adventure" model, there is still no pricing
Most of what's out on the net suggests Honda will price it around $6,000.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Lostmycage wrote:
Lance Corona wrote:I do think it's better looking than the NC700X
Picture clipped
I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you (and that's cool cause it's just my opinion). The NC700X looks fantastic in person and with real world reports of 72+ mpg (per an actual owner) I've decided that this is my next bike.

I might dump the MP3 in favor of the NC700X and a 4T Stella.
I called that one.

So far the Honda DCT has performed flawlessly. Being a first year, I went with a 5 year warranty. I think their new models are brilliant even if they aren't my style. I LOVE the high perch and neutral foot placement for commuting and wouldn't dream of trading. The forward foot controls just feels strange. I really like the style of the new bikes.

This engine is pretty awesome. I haven't gotten gas mileage like this in a long time. Not Buddy/Blur good, but there's trade-offs that I'm comfortable with.

They also adjusted the pricing to make the DCT+ABS a $1k option instead of a $2k option. That makes it a much tougher choice considering how much more you get for that extra $1k.

So far the only issue I have is the seat and windshield, but long ago I figured out that motorcycle manufacturer's only include those items as placeholders, so no harm done.

Also, the bags that are pictured with the faired model, those are the same ones they use for the NC model, which were adapted from another model. Smart on Honda's part.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

they dropped it 1k?

What did you get out the door for that model?

Considering that my next bike would either be a used touring scoot or a motorcycle, doesn't look like you could go wrong with the Honda.
Lance Corona

Post by Lance Corona »

skully93 wrote:they dropped it 1k?

What did you get out the door for that model?

Considering that my next bike would either be a used touring scoot or a motorcycle, doesn't look like you could go wrong with the Honda.
I saw both bikes @ the DC bike show and still prefer the looks of the CB500X. As for the ride and performance I can't comment but I'm glad your purchase has put and kept a smile on your face. I hope you have many long happy miles on it. :D
skully93

Post by skully93 »

It would be some time off, but I wouldn't mind looking at the 700 or 500 series. I'd LOVE to bump up to the touring 700, but not sure yet. We'll see if we end up doing any 'touring'. We'll brave it on my 250 first and see if it bears a 8k+ purchase in a couple of years.