Harleigh's new clothes

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

susann.t

Harleigh's new clothes

Post by susann.t »

Ok, long story short. Harleigh was originally seafoam. Then she was seafoam/pink (see my avatar) and now she's complete. I thought I was lazy when I decided to buy the white panels, instead of trying to find someone to paint them for me. It took me hours to remove the old panels and being lazy would have been painting them. OMG!

The cute seat cover is custom made by cheekyseats.com. Suzy was really nice to do business with and I highly recommend them.

I didn't want to drill holes for the front basket in the brand new, sparkling white windshield, so it is for now a rear basket. LOL
Attachments
IMG_20120704_141054e.jpg
IMG_20120704_141054e.jpg (143.44 KiB) Viewed 3603 times
susann.t

Post by susann.t »

one more pic
Attachments
IMG_20120704_162520a.jpg
IMG_20120704_162520a.jpg (55.52 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Diblit

Post by Diblit »

love it!!!
And I shall call her "Fiona."

theflash784

Harleigh's new clothes

Post by theflash784 »

I am not a big fan of pink but I must admit- that looks really good! Congrats!
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

You would still need to remove the body panels to paint the bike... And THEN do all of the prep, layering, wet sanding and clearcoat! Body panels pre-painted were very much a labor saving task.

By the way, how much did the panel replacement for the entire bike cost you??
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
susann.t

Post by susann.t »

Yes but the painter would do all the work.
susann.t

Post by susann.t »

Each panel is between $50 and $60 plus shipping. My guess is that it is pretty much the price of a paint job
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Ouch. If I do decide to pull the trigger on a Buddy instead of a Stella in a little over a month (again...) I might as well just paint it myself. Can do it for a hell of alot cheaper than $50 per panel

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
susann.t

Post by susann.t »

The cheapest way is to buy it in the color you like :D
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

susann.t wrote:The cheapest way is to buy it in the color you like :D
Eh. Sometimes you find a great deal you just have to think outside of the box. I've seen a few REAL tempting buddy scoots for under $1400 with next to nothing miles, and several at the end of the semester popped up around ASU for next to nothing because the little rich college girls were done with them. In fact there were several Vespas, a few Metros and a score of Chinese scooters just left behind because it was too much hassle for the trust fund kids! One parking garage had a 2011 Suburban and a 2009 Mercedes abandoned by the students because daddy would buy them a new one next semester. There's always a few of those sitting around each year at ASU.

Besides, I painted my old Stella for about $60 using a bunch of old-school methods and it came out great! Wasn't easy as clicking a mouse to buy the parts, but I wanted to learn how to do it. And, I enjoy the DIY approach. In fact there was a pink Stella 2T in Tucson for the longest time that I was trying to find the funds for: VERY cheap and aside from a few scratches looked well worth it. But pink? There's where the painting fun comes in :P

But, I am digging the two tone action on your bike. Definitely stands out :) (and that's a good thing)

susann.t

Post by susann.t »

I would love to be able to paint it myself but I saw the video and I didn't have the nerve to try. I have tired to paint other things and they didn't turn out very nice.

I would love to find the rich college girls' scooters here. Unfortunately not such luck so I got my buddy new and it was a lot of money, esp. with the extra set of panels... :cry:
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Me thinkst this one should be considered a 3 tone for now.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
pumpedoncaffeine

Post by pumpedoncaffeine »

Wow! You scooter came out sweet. Love your seat cover too!
Rob

Post by Rob »

Like someone else said .... I'm generally not a fan of pink, but that is sweet! Great job!

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
susann.t

Post by susann.t »

agrogod wrote:Me thinkst this one should be considered a 3 tone for now.
I love the pink "3"

3 tone pink, pink, white
or
3 tone pink, white, black?
daveyd007

Post by daveyd007 »

pumpedoncaffeine wrote:Wow! You scooter came out sweet. Love your seat cover too!
+ 1

Great job with the colors. I dig it!
Sassy Chassis

Post by Sassy Chassis »

Lots of gals like the pink. I know quite a few of the sportbike girls who did a pink overhaul of their Gixxers, CBRs, etc. If you like it, go for it! That's my motto anyway.

:D
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

susann.t wrote:
agrogod wrote:Me thinkst this one should be considered a 3 tone for now.
I love the pink "3"

3 tone pink, pink, white
or
3 tone pink, white, black?
Pink, white, black. Its the only way.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
AlleyOops

Post by AlleyOops »

Looks awesome!!! You should put the basket on the front,it will look really cute
- Ally
killa_ed

Nice

Post by killa_ed »

I like
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

neotrotsky wrote:
Besides, I painted my old Stella for about $60 using a bunch of old-school methods and it came out great! Wasn't easy as clicking a mouse to buy the parts, but I wanted to learn how to do it. And, I enjoy the DIY approach. In fact there was a pink Stella 2T in Tucson for the longest time that I was trying to find the funds for: VERY cheap and aside from a few scratches looked well worth it. But pink? There's where the painting fun comes in :P
Did ScootOver have that bike? I think I got it when Bald John left town. Just a pile of decent parts right now, but it will ride again.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
z20k

Post by z20k »

Is there a secret to getting these panels off? Everyone seems to be able to do it so easily but I can't figure out how to get off the back panels for anything. :?
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
killa_ed

That is sharp.

Post by killa_ed »

Very nice looking two tone scoot.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC
Jessee

Post by Jessee »

This is looking very beautiful and i just love it pink color suits scooter so much.
best san diego hr consulting
susann

Post by susann »

z20k wrote:Is there a secret to getting these panels off? Everyone seems to be able to do it so easily but I can't figure out how to get off the back panels for anything. :?
It is not easy. In order to remove one panel, you have to actually take off three. It's a puzzle made in hell. And then there is 57 screws that are left over when the pieces are back together.
buttercreamsunshine

Post by buttercreamsunshine »

Wow, your scooter really looks great! Do you still have any pictures of the pink/seafoam green? I'm looking to do something similar! Also that link for the custom seat will definitely come in handy! :D
susann

Post by susann »

buttercreamsunshine wrote:Wow, your scooter really looks great! Do you still have any pictures of the pink/seafoam green? I'm looking to do something similar! Also that link for the custom seat will definitely come in handy! :D

Here
Attachments
IMG_2705a.JPG
IMG_2705a.JPG (130.91 KiB) Viewed 3029 times