Riding Jacket

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

feetchermancj

Riding Jacket

Post by feetchermancj »

I'm looking for a armored riding jacket that doesn't scream riding jacket. I ordered a corazzo max from coraazzo for $79 but ended up getting an email saying the were out of both medium and large. So now I get to wait 1-2 weeks for the refund on my card :/ I like the look of the prima pullman but would like back armor. Anyone know of any jackets like this for $100 and under with back armor?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

just got a gogo gear armored hoodie, (size small, ironically...) and it great. not an all weather jacket though.

What are you normal riding conditions?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Under $100 might be kind of tough. I have the GoGo hoodie and it's great but maybe not if it's your only riding jacket.

I've owned several Corazzo models and am a fan. I know they're more expensive, but the newer models have better fits than the Max.

There are several Corazzos for under $100 on eBay, some new, some slightly used. For Oregon, you might do well with the Tempeste, which I LOVE. There's also a new 5.0 going for $80. (That's one of the models I haven't owned, but many of my friends have had them for years!)

Failing that, you might want to try closeout sections on some of the better online retailers:
http://www.motorcyclegear.com
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

You're less likely to find something non-motorcycle-y, though most companies make a couple models that are toned down.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

There's a large Tempeste ending in a little under 4 hours parked at $50 with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corazzo-Tempest ... 90&vxp=mtr

Yeah, that may go up a little...
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

That $100 mark is tough to beat.

I know it is a riding jacket, but Scooterworks has two colors of their Prima Pullman on clearance at $62.50.

I couldn't resist the red one at that price.

http://www.scooterworks.com/search-page ... rm=pullman
feetchermancj

Post by feetchermancj »

Thanks everyone. I'm going to bid on that tempeste. Here in central oregon we get a little bit of everything for weather so I think the tempeste is a good choice.
feetchermancj

Post by feetchermancj »

feetchermancj wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm going to bid on that tempeste. Here in central oregon we get a little bit of everything for weather so I think the tempeste is a good choice.
I would jump all over the red one but it doesn't have the back armor or option for it. :cry:
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

feetchermancj wrote:
feetchermancj wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm going to bid on that tempeste. Here in central oregon we get a little bit of everything for weather so I think the tempeste is a good choice.
I would jump all over the red one but it doesn't have the back armor or option for it. :cry:
I actually have that red Pullman jacket; it's not bad especially if you can get it for a good price. My wife gifted me a Corazzo 5.0 this morning and I immediately adored the back armor. So yeah if the armor is on your list, skip the Pullman.

Go for the Tempeste! Sure there are a lot of sharks waiting to snipe it though, so aim high...

Good luck!

anthony

Post by anthony »

Just a bit of a warning regarding buying a riding jacket online. At least for Corazzo, the sizing is different than sizing for most other types of apparel, and the sizing is even different among various Corazzo jackets. That is, in men's t-shirts, a small usually fits me, occasionally medium. However, I had to get a size Large Corazzo Postale in order for it to fit me. Also, when I tried on other Corazzo jackets, some of them fit me in medium, so the size depended on the particular jacket. I understand that you're shopping on price, and for a stylish riding jacket with armor, ebay or some kind of closeout deal is about the only way you'll get it under $100, but just be careful, as it'd be worse to have to spend around $200 anyway for 2 jackets if the first one didn't fit.
feetchermancj

Post by feetchermancj »

I won the jacket for $100 right at my limit. The jacket should fit a little on the large size according to their measurements which will be good for winter layering. Thanks again guys.
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

:clap:

feetchermancj

Post by feetchermancj »

Finally got my Tempest yesterday! Took a week longer than what the seller said it would :| I'm 6 155lbs and the larger is the perfect size. Larger enough to layer underneath it but not so large to where I look like a thug. The only complaint I have with it is the elbow pads. The pads move almost all the away down to my wrists. Anyone have any ideas on how to keep them in place?