Damn you, Erbert and Gerbert's....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Uncle Groucho

Damn you, Erbert and Gerbert's....

Post by Uncle Groucho »

So I open my email this morning and see they're giving away a silver 170i as part of their 25th Anniversary promo. Tasty sandwich, a chance to win a dream scoot? Sign me up. While scrolling through the rules to see where I could pull a Lazlo Hollyfeld and enter as many times as I like, I see this:

"Grand Prize winner is responsible for the acquisition of the prize at Scooterville in Minneapolis, MN." :cry: I mean if I beat the odds and won I could offer to pay for shipping, but still...

Too bad they couldn't have sorted something out from Genuine to have the winner pick up the scoot from their nearest dealer, but I could see E&G trying to keep things local.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

TVB

Post by TVB »

Considering that all but a few of their locations are in Minnesota or Wisconsin (I'd never heard of them, so I checked their web site), I can understand them not going to the trouble to set something up with a national reach. :)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

No, wait! Who are Erbert and Gerbert???
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I'd still enter a bunch of times if I wanted it bad enough. The only think I ever won was a years supply of pepsi in a coloring contest. As for dream scoot I want an "Updated" metal body manual Lambretta TV 200...
ravenlore

Re: Damn you, Erbert and Gerbert's....

Post by ravenlore »

Uncle Groucho wrote:So I open my email this morning and see they're giving away a silver 170i as part of their 25th Anniversary promo. Tasty sandwich, a chance to win a dream scoot? Sign me up. While scrolling through the rules to see where I could pull a Lazlo Hollyfeld and enter as many times as I like, I see this:

"Grand Prize winner is responsible for the acquisition of the prize at Scooterville in Minneapolis, MN." :cry: I mean if I beat the odds and won I could offer to pay for shipping, but still...

Too bad they couldn't have sorted something out from Genuine to have the winner pick up the scoot from their nearest dealer, but I could see E&G trying to keep things local.

GASP

could someone forward me that email? Email In Profile

Edit: it's on their homepage-never mind!