Little Streetfighters =]

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

Little Streetfighters =]

Post by JHScoot »

Little thread for all us day to day streetfighters out there. I have come to understand why some MC's are called this. I think we ride little ones :)

So, what was your latest streetfighter moment?

I was making my way through traffic today and a woman in front signaled and changed lanes to turn left then swooped back in near the intersection, deciding not to go left after all.

The traffic is heavy so I break right to avoid her and swoop around the rear of a car to my right to avoid it. I am at the curb now so i swoop back in and around a bus which is just beginning to pull out ahead of me from the curb. I pass the bus as it either honks at me or someone behind me? My guess....me :D

So, what was you latest little streetfighter moment?

I say little because scooters are small, you see. Clever me.... :hit: :P
Riding is riding
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I let the horn rip at a twit who decided his stop sign was optional, even though he was on the phone and not paying attention. he have me the 'what?!' look.

I'm getting better as my left hand doesn't automatically tell people how I feel anymore, but I think he got the gist from behind the lid.
phatch

Post by phatch »

Not saying you're wrong by any means... My understanding of a 'street fighter' is a street bike without the fairings... Likely destroyed in the act of stunting in the street... And the rider, without the dough to purchase new plastics, left them off... But if you're talkin' wheelies down the road on a scooter sans plastics (ala Ruckus), I demand video!! :)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

ok then phatch i shall lose the plastics asap

who's with me!! :ninja:
Riding is riding
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I always wear a safety vest so at least they can see what they were trying
to run over!!! My riding is mostly rural and traffic is not too bad. My closest
call was a woman who ran a stop sign, crosses both lanes and almost sideswiped me. Fortunately I saw it coming and braked in time. She saw me at the last moment and floor boarded it, still talking on her cellphone. :x
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

My Dobby ain't going "nekkid" in public! :no:
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
spodgorski

Post by spodgorski »

Lay on that Stebel, let everyone know your there. Motorists will take a chance of killing you to shave seconds off their travel time.
phatch

Post by phatch »

JHScoot wrote:ok then phatch i shall lose the plastics asap

who's with me!! :ninja:
Yussssss... wasn't there that guy who posted on here a while back who was riding a completely naked Buddy? I think the headlight was held on with duct tape..!
chas

Post by chas »

More often than not, I (temporarily) regret leaving my house without a handful of large ball bearings or a couple of old eggs.

It's probably better that I go out on the streets without this arsenal because if I were to really piss somebody off I'm screwed. When it comes down to it, I am small and slow.
Milt

Post by Milt »

My experience has mostly been with idiots drifting into my lane, usually with cell phones glued to their ears.

I have had only a few 'streetfighter moments' on the Buddy; the Stebel usually causes the idiots to momentarily freeze, which gives me time to evade.

On the Harley, the sudden blast from the pipes at full throttle causes a similar reaction as I shoot out of the 'squeeze'.

On the Buddy, braking and turning are the quickest response for getting me out of harm's way; on the Harley, all that torque gives me an instant exit.

The caged fools give me two completely different 'looks', depending on the bike - Buddy: 'Oh my god, I might have killed that person on the cute little scooter.' or Harley: 'Oh my god, I hope that nasty biker doesn't beat the crap out of me.' It is almost funny how seldom I have close calls while dressed in black on a loud, black Harley, compared to the more frequent incidents while riding brightly colored sport bikes and wearing bright 'safety' clothing...
Freedom is a package deal