Fuel Tank Exit Adapter

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

magnato1

Fuel Tank Exit Adapter

Post by magnato1 »

Has anybody purchased and installed this for their Stella? Seems like it could solve a variety of problems.

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_15877000
pat.m.ryan

Post by pat.m.ryan »

Are pinched fuel lines a common problem with the Stellas?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

pat.m.ryan wrote:Are pinched fuel lines a common problem with the Stellas?
Not usually.

I probably will order a couple of these with my next SIP order for my kitted scooters. On those I use the fast fuel tap and I don't want any restrictions. For stock I don't think they are necessary
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

The fuel exits the tank headed toward the left side of the bike and then the fuel line brings the fuel back to the other side. Often the fuel line folds or is too long and the fuel has to travel uphill to get to the carb. If the bike was setup by a good dealer, they will have addressed this problem, but when they come from the factory, people tend to have problems. Take the engine side cowl off sometime and look at your fuel line and you'll see what I mean.

My impression of this product is that it will better route the fuel line for a more direct flow into the carb.
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

My Stella 4T gets starved for gas with less than a full tank and going in the upper speed range. This could be just what I need. Has anyone tried this on a Stella yet? I'd be happy to be the first guinea pig but I don't need $100 worth of stuff from SIP to meet their minimum order requirement.
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

rondothemidget wrote:My Stella 4T gets starved for gas with less than a full tank and going in the upper speed range. This could be just what I need. Has anyone tried this on a Stella yet? I'd be happy to be the first guinea pig but I don't need $100 worth of stuff from SIP to meet their minimum order requirement.
I am in the same boat, I want to try this, but don't want to pay $20 to ship a $5 part, although I do really want one of these

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_50000200
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

rondothemidget wrote:My Stella 4T gets starved for gas with less than a full tank and going in the upper speed range. This could be just what I need. Has anyone tried this on a Stella yet? I'd be happy to be the first guinea pig but I don't need $100 worth of stuff from SIP to meet their minimum order requirement.
Someone in the US might be carrying these. Also, I've heard ScooterShop in Orange orders from SIP. You might be able to piggyback on one of theirs if you're pals with them.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

ericalm wrote:
Someone in the US might be carrying these. Also, I've heard ScooterShop in Orange orders from SIP. You might be able to piggyback on one of theirs if you're pals with them.
Rondo, if you can get in on one of their orders, would you mind ordering one for me too? You could mail it to me, I'd pay for shipping, :D
Maximus53

Post by Maximus53 »

magnato1 wrote:
I am in the same boat, I want to try this, but don't want to pay $20 to ship a $5 part, although I do really want one of these

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/produ ... +_50000200
I know that Scooterworks here in Chicago carries the SIP Speedometer.
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

ericalm wrote:
Great idea. I'll ask them and report back...