Replace Stella Emblems?

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Wild Handyman

Replace Stella Emblems?

Post by Wild Handyman »

Since I needed to remove all three Stella emblems to get the legshield and the two cowls repainted, I have been thinking about replacing the Stella emblems with Harley Davidson logos and tank emblems. Heck, most folks have absolutely no idea what a Stella is, and it always takes a few minutes to explain the bike's pedigree, I thought it would be funny to simply change the brand to one that everyone knows. Do you think Harley owners can take a joke?
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Doubtful, though Harley did produce s scooter for a short time in the '50s or '60 called the 'Topper'
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

I like the name Stella and relish the story behind the branding. When people ask about it find out if they want the long or short version of the answer. Then simply reply appropriately.

Keep on scootin in the free world!
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

Hey Stella is a lady, not a hog.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

OK.. so what is the story with the name Stella? I have never heard it.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Stella is made by LML in India. In the rest of the world (well, except Canada and the Philippines), it's called the LML Star.

"Stella" is the Latin word for star.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Thanks! ... from SockyTX's post it sounded deeper than that...
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

When I got my cheap Chinese scooter I put on a license plate frame from my local Harley dealer. When I stopped in they said "You're the reason people keep calling here asking about scooters!" We had a laugh all around. :D
roasteroo

Post by roasteroo »

By leaving the stella emblems on you get to tell the sorid tale of "a beautiful italian woman, with the unfortunate happenstance of being born in india"
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

I used to run with some friends when we all had harleys..
then they all moved away and the hogs got heavier on me..
So when I switched to scooters and now run with the scooter gang, I converted my old costume.

Everyone has a good laugh.. been to many rallies in KC, Chicago, Indy, etc... all fun.. no one ever says a cross word..

AND,,, I take some gang members with their scooters to alot of harley events and rides here in town..
Everyone has a good laugh and we all get alone just fine..
No one ever says a cross word...
I say go for it.... and I want to see pictures when it's all said and done..
What color scheme are you going with on your stella??
Good Luck
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

It's true! I've been to one of those Harley events with Jim! :D
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

KABarash wrote:Doubtful, though Harley did produce s scooter for a short time in the '50s or '60 called the 'Topper'
Yep...the only scooter made with a pull start like a lawn mower!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Wild Handyman

Post by Wild Handyman »

jimmbomb wrote:I used to run with some friends when we all had harleys, then they all moved away and the hogs got heavier on me..
So when I switched to scooters and now run with the scooter gang, I converted my old costume. Everyone has a good laugh.. been to many rallies in KC, Chicago, Indy, etc... all fun.. no one ever says a cross word..

AND,,, I take some gang members with their scooters to a lot of harley events and rides here in town.. Everyone has a good laugh and we all get alone just fine.. No one ever says a cross word...
I say go for it.... and I want to see pictures when it's all said and done..
What color scheme are you going with on your stella??
Good Luck
After my 2012 Stella got dropped (not me), the color scheme stayed the same: Avacado... but the repainted parts are more like an olive green color. I got the body work done cheap so I'm not complaining. Buying Harley emblems is the hard part; they are VERY expensive on eBay. I think I will continue to ride the scooter without emblems until I can find some reasonably priced Harley emblems for sale or until I come across about $150 that I have nothing better to do with and just buy the ones I like. And, yes, when I get the emblems I will post pictures.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Check for the harley swap meets in your area... You'll find them hella cheaper...
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Wild Handyman

Post by Wild Handyman »

jimmbomb wrote:Check for the harley swap meets in your area... You'll find them hella cheaper...
Thanks. However, out here in the middle of nowhere, I doubt there are even enough Harley owners to congregate for a swap meet.