Seat Cushions/Pads

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ericalm
Site Admin

Seat Cushions/Pads

Post by ericalm »

Anyone use an Airhawk, Pro Pad or any other type of pad for their Stella seat? One of those beaded things? Got any recommendations?

Gracias!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

While I don't own a Stella, I have used the Alaska sheepskin buttpad on other scooters with success and recommend it.

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/StoreFront
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I tried an airhawk on my Burgman. I am one of the few people that did not like it. Now I use a gel pro pad and love it.

http://www.thepropad.com/motorcycle-seat-pads/

Just be careful to use a cool ass if it's out in the sun. I forgot one day and my biscuits were burning the entire 35 miles home!

I have heard the beads work well for alot of people but have not tried them.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Eric, I tried an Airhawk on my Triumph with a flat style seat. I didn't like it. When I put enough air in it to have any effect, it felt like I was floating, disconnected above the bike. Some people love them. I would be happy to lend you mine to see if you like it.

Dan
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyRaton wrote:I tried an airhawk on my Burgman. I am one of the few people that did not like it. Now I use a gel pro pad and love it.

http://www.thepropad.com/motorcycle-seat-pads/

Just be careful to use a cool ass if it's out in the sun. I forgot one day and my biscuits were burning the entire 35 miles home!

I have heard the beads work well for alot of people but have not tried them.
I wound up with the Pro Pad, mostly due to cost.

This is the medium sized one: http://www.thepropad.com/medium-air-series-top-pad/

Did wonders for butt comfort — A+! Not as great for my back, but I think some of that's just in the shape of the Stella and my posture. I was hunched over a lot, especially on the return ride.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
etak

Post by etak »

Eric (or anyone else, of course) any more comments on the Pro Pad? I was thinking of getting an Airhawk 2 before a 4 week trip to Canada in Sept, but maybe I should look at the Propad. I mainly want something because I bounce around so much on the Blackjack that it's painful at times.
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

viney266

Post by viney266 »

I have a pro pad. It does help on long rides...I tried the beads, hated them personally. The airhawk seems to be the best ( tried a friends), but I agree I didn't care for the "disconnected" feeling, but to be fair that was on a sportbike I tried it.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
etak

Post by etak »

Thanks. I went ahead and bought an Airhawk 2. Hopefully I'll like it!
Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
-Leonard Cohen

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

etak wrote:Eric (or anyone else, of course) any more comments on the Pro Pad? I was thinking of getting an Airhawk 2 before a 4 week trip to Canada in Sept, but maybe I should look at the Propad. I mainly want something because I bounce around so much on the Blackjack that it's painful at times.
Sorry — missed your reply!

You made the right choice for a long ride. The Pro Pad was okay for 7-8 hours bit still a clearly lower-end choice. It did help with Stella butt fatigue. I probably did more than 20 hours in the saddle over 3 days.

But if I'd been willing to spend more, I'd have gotten the Airhawk. :)