What is your top speed? Need to know.

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I just had my scooter with me on vacation last week. I ran around 250 miles(my odo is at 2300 miles now). I can say with confidence my scooter will do no better than 70mph indicated on flat ground(sustained full throttle for several minutes). Most of the time my highest indicated was 68mph(which is probably actually 65-66mph based on fixed radar I ran by). Nowhere near the 75mph claimed top speed. Pretty disappointing.
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

chickdr wrote:I just had my scooter with me on vacation last week. I ran around 250 miles(my odo is at 2300 miles now). I can say with confidence my scooter will do no better than 70mph indicated on flat ground(sustained full throttle for several minutes). Most of the time my highest indicated was 68mph(which is probably actually 65-66mph based on fixed radar I ran by). Nowhere near the 75mph claimed top speed. Pretty disappointing.
Yea that sux. Perhaps if you disconnect the battery for awhile then reconnect it and ride hard you'll do better. The computer and fuel injection I've read gets accustom to you riding style. Maybe you drive like a grandma :P you can force the engine management to "relearn" when you do this. I was able to do 86mph indicated priro to changing out my rollers but I can still get close to 80...good luck!
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Mine has been ridden pretty hard since purchase new so I doubt it's learned behavior. I also had the ecu swapped out due to the engine overheat issue. I just think I have a weak motor.
DCUNITED4LIFE

Post by DCUNITED4LIFE »

chickdr wrote:Mine has been ridden pretty hard since purchase new so I doubt it's learned behavior. I also had the ecu swapped out due to the engine overheat issue. I just think I have a weak motor.
I've definitely heard this being the case. I weight 230lbs and I am 6"3". Stock I had gotten it to redline and kick the rev limiter in. I was doing about 86mph indicated at the time.
davelhunter

Post by davelhunter »

I regularly see 86 mph indicated on flat
ground.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I just sent an inquiry to Genuine about my top speed issue. We will see if they have any suggestions. I would love to be able to run with one of you guys to see if mine is really that much slower, or if there is a speedo issue.