Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buddy has a new paintjob!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Scooter Gallery Previous topic :: Next topic  
robtaylor

buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: buddy has a new paintjob! Reply with quote

sorry about the links i tried to embed the pics in this post but alas i am at a loss.

i wanted to paint the interior of the buddy since i firts realized that the "brown interior" wasn't really that brown. i found a kryon fusion spray paint that has some "no slip" type of texture to it, it also has flecks of copper to give it a shimmer. i originally got it to paint my helmet, and it was so forgiving because of the texture that i decided that i could paint the interior myself (usually i have runs everywhere) i think it turned out quite nicely

http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134229122592181442 side view 1

http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134229045282770050 the pic i'm sending in to get my free shirt

http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134229105412312242 you can sort of see the sparkle from the copper in the paint in this one, also with the vent unpainted looks kinda like a smiley face Very Happy

http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134229088232443042 side view 2 w/ my dog bucket lingering in the background

http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134229062462639250 there are a couple of spots that i wasn't able to paint just yet.

i am considering doing a brown out, basically painting everything that isn't orange brown chrome pieces and all.

with the new paint come a new name, the "brown hornet" (remember him from the fat albert show back in the day?)
http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134241852875246914

[img]
http://picasaweb.google.com/orangebuddy125/MyPictures/photo#5134229122592181442[/img]

Last edited by robtaylor on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
awfulshot

Orange Buddy125

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats pretty sweet.
robtaylor

buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, not a huge change but i like it so much more
Queen

'08 St. Tropez 150

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Brave too, I can't bring myself to put a sticker on anything I own let alone paint!! Shocked
rajron

Buddy Sold - Vespa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your color scheme is subtle and clean very nice, I like how it is now.
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Nice job on the stripes, too!

The Broooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnn Hornet!

How to add a picture: Just add the img tags on either side of the image URL. Like so for the address above:
[img]http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/a/ac/Hornetlogo.gif[/img]

Easiest way: paste the URL in, select it, then click the Img button above the message entry window.

robtaylor

buddy 125

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericalm-i tried adding img tags but the google pic server doesn't show up as a gif or jpg or something so i just get the tags added onto the post (see original post at bottom)
ericalm
Site Admin

STELLA FOUR STROKE FURY! + Vespa LX 150/190 + '87 Honda Helix CN250

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robonz23 wrote:
ericalm-i tried adding img tags but the google pic server doesn't show up as a gif or jpg or something so i just get the tags added onto the post (see original post at bottom)

Oof, yeah, Picasa won't allow direct linking to any of the image files.

Valgal20

Buddy125-blue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Paint Job? Reply with quote

Hay! How has the paint been holding up? and what did you do to your helmet to make the paint stick (did you have to prime or sand it first?) Im getting a Blue buddy as soon as Scooter Invasion gets them in! (End of Feb.) and I want to have everything match- my helmet, jacket, chaps, and everything else. Iv been looking around at paint and I didnt know what paint would be best to use on helmets or scooters. BTW- your scooter looks awesome! Clap
poop colored buddy

sunset buddy, 07 Stella

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Job? Reply with quote

Valgal20 wrote:
Hay! How has the paint been holding up? and what did you do to your helmet to make the paint stick (did you have to prime or sand it first?) Im getting a Blue buddy as soon as Scooter Invasion gets them in! (End of Feb.) and I want to have everything match- my helmet, jacket, chaps, and everything else. Iv been looking around at paint and I didnt know what paint would be best to use on helmets or scooters. BTW- your scooter looks awesome! Clap

I painted my helmet and the key is cleaning the surface with alcohol before applying primer, then paint. Any oils need to be striped from the surface b4 painting or else the paint won't go on even.

robtaylor

buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sanded with fine sand paper then used kryon fusion paint (made to bond with plastic) and i chose a paint that had some texture to it so as to hide any runs etc. the paint has held up better on the buddy then on the helmet. i've touched it up once to cover some small scratches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Scooter Gallery Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: