Is This Why Some Diss Big Scoots?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Dooglas wrote:
ScooterMASS wrote:Geez...Some people in here are worse then the snotty Vespa owners!
Needless to say, you aren't making any points with me here. A little advice. Information about any model is always appreciated. Dissing someone elses scooter, be it Buddy, Vespa, or whatever - not so much.
+1. Wow. A bit presumptuous this morning aren't you. I live in the city... I love my Buddy for zipping around town. And I love my Vespa for zipping around further out. Oh.... And the "Buddy being good for because it is lighter for women"... I have a Vespa GTV... It weighs as much as a smaller motorcycle. And I can heave that thing up on the center stand with the best of them... All 50 years old and 5'2" of me. I wish your name was "Donny" so I could say "Shut the *+#! Donny, you are out of your element". Sheesh :roll:
96 Decibel Freaks
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

BuddyRaton wrote:Just another has never ridden one but knows what is better for everyone else.

Don't feed the troll

http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cg ... read=53241
I know....I shouldn't...........but I can't help but poke the troll.

I'm naughty. Sorry.
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Mutt the Hoople wrote: +1. Wow. A bit presumptuous this morning aren't you. I live in the city... I love my Buddy for zipping around town. And I love my Vespa for zipping around further out. Oh.... And the "Buddy being good for because it is lighter for women"... I have a Vespa GTV... It weighs as much as a smaller motorcycle. And I can heave that thing up on the center stand with the best of them... All 50 years old and 5'2" of me. I wish your name was "Donny" so I could say "Shut the *+#! Donny, you are out of your element". Sheesh :roll:
dakotamouse wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:Just another has never ridden one but knows what is better for everyone else.

Don't feed the troll

I'm naughty. Sorry.

Naughty Scooter Chicks REALLY Rock!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

dakotamouse wrote:

Don't feed the troll

I'm naughty. Sorry.
Sorry...I am too.... :oops:

I'm a 5'4" early 50s female and have owned a Yamaha Majesty 400, a MP3 250, MP3 500 and now a Aprilia Scrarabeo 500ie, all of which way a 'tiny' bit more than 297lbs.

No one has brought up all the accessories you can buy for a Buddy (front rack, Gen-u-bin, rear rack, different height seats, etc), the awesome horn, the kickstart, the 12-volt outlet you can charge it with, the audible turn signal, how stinking reliable they are, and how many miles people have gotten on them (bonegirl and her 40K), AND the awesome forum that provides tips, mods, support, etc.

Having a radiator isn't a selling point to me. I know on some scooters (look at all mine above that I have owned and still love) it is required due to their engine, but that means that you have one more thing that can go wrong (not that I have ever had that happen with any or my scoots), and one more thing to have to flush out and take care of sooner or later...and one more thing to potentially replace in an accident that may not total your scooter.

All these things make me agree with Buddy Raton about the Buddy giving the biggest bang for the buck.

I have never ridden a SYM HD200, and have nothing against them. I'm sure they are great scooter for most of the reasons mentioned*. Perhaps they are even the "best bang for the buck" for that cc size even.

* I say most as I've never ridden it, so can't wholeheartedly agree with something I've never tried myself.
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
dakotamouse

Post by dakotamouse »

Honestly, whatever you are riding, if you're having fun on it that is what matters. I don't believe I've ever heard a bad word about Syms.

If I won the lottery and had the space I'd probably own one of each. But for now I'm real happy with my Italia.
Ride what you like so you'll love to ride!
Scooterist Extraordinaire!
ScooterMASS

Post by ScooterMASS »

Well...I'll give you this B125 people...You defend your scooters! There is no reason to get nasty people. If you have read my replies within this thread....you'll notice that I didn't have one thing bad to say about the B125, other then the fact that "I" don't care for the smaller frame & 10" rims! I'm not a "troll" Did I start this thread? No...I did not. I think the SYM HD200 is a better "value" for the money! That's it. " Don't Feed the Troll" Please!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

ScooterMASS wrote:There is no reason to get nasty people. If you have read my replies within this thread.....
ScooterMASS wrote:Geez...Some people in here are worse then the snotty Vespa owners!
Unfortunately we did read your posts. I don't know, or care, how old you are - but I would say you have some growing up to do if you actually want to be part of this online community..
ScooterMASS

Post by ScooterMASS »

Dooglas wrote:
ScooterMASS wrote:There is no reason to get nasty people.
Unfortunately we did read your posts. I don't know, or care, how old you are - but I would say you have some growing up to do if you actually want to be part of this online community..
What in gods name are you talking about? Age? Where does that comment come from? Dooglas...There is no reason to act they way you are. You're being rude because I made a statement that you didn't care for. I'm not breaking any forums rules (yes...I have read them)
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

ScooterMASS wrote:Age? Where does that comment come from?
One last time and then I am pretty much through with this discussion. In this thread you have repeatedly made confrontational statements and attacked the views and opinions of others. You have made strong statements that appear to go far beyond your experience as a rider. In the example I offered above you personally attacked a specific group of scooter riders. A quick read down the left side of the page will show that a fair number of MB members are also Vespa riders as you may have noticed. All this is typically a sign of immaturity. That is where the age comment came from if it is not otherwise obvious to you. And, as I observed, it may well have nothing to do with your actual age. I trust that answers your question.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Wolfhound wrote:Interesting, BuddyRaton. Is it just me or does the writer on Scootdawg
and the writer on this forum seem to have a different writing style?
Almost like two different people. So I agree with your last comment. :)
massscoot there ScooterMass here both from Gloucester...same habit of "you get what you pay for" and "value for your money" bs...only likes Kymco and SYM..everybody else is buying the wrong thing but busting on the Chinese owners there.

Yeah...it's the same dude... either pushing for a dealer or rwith nothing else to do but be a dick

I hope he visits BBS
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

I for one have ridden, like and would own, or own again a sym 200, any buddy of any size, and any vespa made... Just no w I am on a Honda SH150i. Ride on R
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

BuddyRaton wrote:Don't feed the troll
Yes, sound advice. I seem to to be among the last to take it, but acknowledge it none the less. :wink:
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

if Buddy is good and HD200 even better then this must be BEST, am i right?

:lol:
Riding is riding
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

Good one! :P
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Dooglas wrote:
BuddyRaton wrote:Don't feed the troll
Yes, sound advice. I seem to to be among the last to take it, but acknowledge it none the less. :wink:
Ehhhh....we all get sucked into it once in awhile! :mrgreen:
www.teamscootertrash.com

ScooterMASS

Post by ScooterMASS »

BuddyRaton wrote:
Wolfhound wrote:Interesting, BuddyRaton. Is it just me or does the writer on Scootdawg
and the writer on this forum seem to have a different writing style?
Almost like two different people. So I agree with your last comment. :)
massscoot there ScooterMass here both from Gloucester...same habit of "you get what you pay for" and "value for your money" bs...only likes Kymco and SYM..everybody else is buying the wrong thing but busting on the Chinese owners there.

Yeah...it's the same dude... either pushing for a dealer or rwith nothing else to do but be a dick

I hope he visits BBS
I quote from the forums rules "This is a forum where scooterists of all ranges of experience, backgrounds and knowledge levels could come and discuss things without feeling intimidated or assaulted by the hostility often found elsewhere. Be civil to one another. Treat everyone with respect. Keep it friendly and remember that not everyone shares your particular viewpoint, nor should anyone be ridiculed or patronized for not believing or behaving exactly as you do"

Guess some of you think these rules don't apply to you.
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Wow. Perfect example of "cognitive dissonance".
96 Decibel Freaks
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

JHScoot wrote:if Buddy is good and HD200 even better then this must be BEST, am i right?

:lol:
Because 'merica!!!

II know it's an artist's flight of fancy, but it looks suspiciously like a Big Ruckus with a body kit installed. :)
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Mutt the Hoople wrote:Wow. Perfect example of "cognitive dissonance".

VERY well put!

Mods...please lock...this thread started out stupid and went down hill from there.
www.teamscootertrash.com

polianarchy

Post by polianarchy »

BuddyRaton wrote:
Mutt the Hoople wrote:Wow. Perfect example of "cognitive dissonance".

VERY well put!

Mods...please lock...this thread started out stupid and went down hill from there.
ATTENTION EVERYONE: PLEASE CHILL OUT.

:D
ModBud #442
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I'm just locking the massive mess of a thread down as it's no longer serving any purpose in terms of information, entertainment or discussion beyond irritating all involved.

MANY Buddy/Genuine owners own other makes of scooters as well and most that have been mentioned here are generally good ones.

We don't have many instances of blind devotion to Buddys. The devotion is well-earned, but we all know that other scooters may suit others better for whatever reasons. Okeh, fine.

Nothing much else to add or say. Move along.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…