Would this even work?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lonestar7

Would this even work?

Post by Lonestar7 »

Hey I have a question regarding exhaust pipes. I just bought a rattler 110 today, and I really missed having the angry chainsaw sound of my roughhouse's prima exhaust pipe when I tested it out doing a few laps around the lake. I sat in the garage when I thought about swapping the pipes on the two scoots. On my roughhouse I have a prima performance pipe, I think some clutch weights, and new jets in the carb. The rattler is what I believe to be bone stock. If I were to try and swap the pipes, would I need to do anything to the rattler or the roughhouse? Would the parts even fit?

Thanks in advance, PJ
Scooters are not simply machines; they are extensions of the body and brain. -PJ 2013
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Being they are both 2T the RH pipe is designed for 50cc applications. It may quiet the Rat down but don't expect any performance gains from it if it fits. The Rat's performance pipe is here. You can use it as a visual aid to determine if the 50 pipe will fit.
As for your other post about the shock, it is probably an aftermarket YSS shock, quite possibly this one http://www.scooterworks.com/yss-adjusta ... age_id=268 .
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Lonestar7

Post by Lonestar7 »

Hey thanks for your reply! It appears that installing the roughhouse's pipe is not beneficial. Unfortunately seeing as I'm still in high school I do not have the funds required for the rattler's perf. kit. Someday; just not today.

As for the shock, it doesn't look like the one in the picture on scooterworks so I'm guessing its stock. No biggie either way, I was just wondering about it.

Thanks for the info, have a great day!

-PJ
Scooters are not simply machines; they are extensions of the body and brain. -PJ 2013
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Ya I don't even know if the 50 pipe will bolt up correctly. But if it did, it definitely wouldn't give you any benifits. Except for looking cool maybe haha. I've got the 110 prima pipe on mine though and if you love chainsaws, then you should save up $200!
Lonestar7

Post by Lonestar7 »

Yeah I love the roughhouse! But my other issue is, I'm really light; only 124lbs. The thing almost pops wheelies with me on it to begin with; what if I put a pipe on it? I just don't want to get thrown off the thing! Lol.
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

This is what happens when you put the prima pipe plus some other goodies on your 110.

Reckless Driving for riding a wheelie in front of cop that I obviously didn't see haha
Lonestar7

Post by Lonestar7 »

Hahahaha! Whoops!
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Lonestar7 wrote:Yeah I love the roughhouse! But my other issue is, I'm really light; only 124lbs. The thing almost pops wheelies with me on it to begin with; what if I put a pipe on it? I just don't want to get thrown off the thing! Lol.
9 gram weights will solve that wheelie problem. :wink:
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Lonestar7

Post by Lonestar7 »

Will it bog though? I spent 6 trips and about $150 to fix the bogging issue on my roughhouse when I put a pipe on that. Also, any idea why the rat lugs on certain rpms? It's when it's moving slow; it feels like the back tire is trying to kick the ground. Really hard to explain...
Lotrat

Post by Lotrat »

Lonestar7 wrote:Yeah I love the roughhouse! But my other issue is, I'm really light; only 124lbs. The thing almost pops wheelies with me on it to begin with; what if I put a pipe on it? I just don't want to get thrown off the thing! Lol.
You just need to work in your throttle control. You don't HAVE too rip it open all the time.