Anybody know where I can order a flasher relay?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Lonestar7

Anybody know where I can order a flasher relay?

Post by Lonestar7 »

Hey all, I think the flasher relay in my rat 110 died, so I want to order a replacement. I would like it with the fastest shipping possible. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks, PJ
Scooters are not simply machines; they are extensions of the body and brain. -PJ 2013
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

Any dealer should be able to ship you one. I would check with scooterworks also. Heck, you might just be able to pull it out and go to Autozone and pick up a new one?
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

2nding the Autozone idea. Take it to your local auto-parts store and they should have something compatible.
Lonestar7

Post by Lonestar7 »

I tried scooterworks but I couldn't find a "turn signal relay", which is what I searched for. I will try autozone. I also have an orielly auto parts that's closer. I wonder if orielly has one? I don't like signaling with my hands, so I don't really want to go too far. Where is the relay located on a rat 110? Isn't it under the front cover (near the headlights)?
Scooters are not simply machines; they are extensions of the body and brain. -PJ 2013
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

I honestly don't know where it's located on your bike. I'd look under the pet carrier under the seat for any little boxes. It could also be under the speedometer.

Try looking in the owners manual & service manual.
SuperCyclone.81

Yes, it is under the front cover. It's super easy to remove, just a couple of screws. And if I remember correctly, it's cylindrical looking.
Lonestar7

Post by Lonestar7 »

Found it! Checked oriellys but they didn't have one. Autozone is hard to find in minnesota, but there should be one in Richfield. I'll try that.

The relay was filthy and water was coming out of it. No wonder it died. I may have drowned it when I power washed the rat after I bought it...oops.
SuperCyclone.81

Hmm thats surprising that you could have gotten THAT much water in there. Unless you were just spraying it all in the vents and stuff I guess? Who knows anyhow, the worst case scenario, you'll just have to order one from a local dealer.