Netflix Movie Reccomendation

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RoaringTodd

Netflix Movie Reccomendation

Post by RoaringTodd »

Just watched Cycles South - on Netflix.

Shot in 1971, old style documentary of 4 guys on two strokes motorcycling down to Panama. - I had a blast watching the movie and comparing the lifestyle then and now.

I think you'll enjoy it as well -

Cheers -
RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the tip. I love these sorts of things.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
viney266

Post by viney266 »

I'll take a look at it this weekend.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

allow me to second that! I really enjoyed that flick as well. I like how many times they had to improvise along the way to do what they initially set out to, perfect example being waterskiing.
Rob

Post by Rob »

TVB also started an interesting thread awhile ago regarding road trip movies. Lots of good suggestions there.

viewtopic.php?t=20795&highlight=movie

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

if you are into classics, I think they now have Roman Holiday
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

Watched this flick twice inthe last week. An little puzzled by the route traveled .... but will give it artistic freedom. Silverton before Moab?? Thought the skiing was a real 'kick.' Wish the bumps still looked like those in the film, those were the days!!!! Thanks for the heads up. I got slammed on the mountian so I've been down for the count, and this was very entertaining!!!! Warren Miller on wheels................
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

TVB

Post by TVB »

Stormswift wrote:if you are into classics, I think they now have Roman Holiday
They do.
Good film, but not enough scooter for my tastes. :)
TVB

Re: Netflix Movie Reccomendation

Post by TVB »

RoaringTodd wrote:Just watched Cycles South - on Netflix.

Shot in 1971, old style documentary of 4 guys on two strokes motorcycling down to Panama. - I had a blast watching the movie and comparing the lifestyle then and now.

Cheers -
RT
If you want to see this, watch it now. Netflix is losing the streaming rights to a bunch of older movies (the rights holder is pulling them back to get people to sign up for their own service) as of May 1. I had this one near the top of my queue and noticed a tag saying it was going away (and Netflix doesn't have it on DVD), so I'm watching it now. I'm a few minutes into it, and it's ... amateurishly corny, but charming.

EDIT: And now I've finished watching it. Definitely a movie of its time, with the hippie commune right out of Easy Rider, easy "chicks" in every country they pass through, and pre-War-on-Drugs free travel through Central America. But still a timeless story of adventure.
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Thanks for the news about Netflix. As for movies, Quadrophenia really shows the scooter scene in England in the early '60s. I just bought the Criterion DVD. It includes info on the remaster and some French and English documentaries from that time. Mods vs Rockers? As the owner of a Stella and a Triumph I guess I'm a Mocker :P
Rob

Re: Netflix Movie Reccomendation

Post by Rob »

TVB wrote:
RoaringTodd wrote:Just watched Cycles South - on Netflix.

Cheers -
RT
If you want to see this, watch it now. Netflix is losing the streaming rights to a bunch of older movies (the rights holder is pulling them back to get people to sign up for their own service) as of May 1. I had this one near the top of my queue and noticed a tag saying it was going away (and Netflix doesn't have it on DVD), so I'm watching it now. I'm a few minutes into it, and it's ... amateurishly corny, but charming.

EDIT: And now I've finished watching it. Definitely a movie of its time, with the hippie commune right out of Easy Rider, easy "chicks" in every country they pass through, and pre-War-on-Drugs free travel through Central America. But still a timeless story of adventure.
Well, I saw this a little too late. But the good news (at least for me and maybe a few others) ... it's still available, for now, and free on Amazon Prime.

Rob
- Steven Wright