Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

redhandmoto

Post by redhandmoto »

Pamplona 50 on Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA yesterday...in the rain. Blacked-out rider; hardcore.
honi soit qui mal y pense
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Buddy Italia with a top case in Oklahoma City going south on May Ave at NW 63rd today.
GearsAndSuch

Tricked Out Black 125

Post by GearsAndSuch »

Parked outside of Reston Trader Joes on Wednesday. Nifty bar end mirrors. Thought it might be the fabled Mothership, but I'm pretty sure that it lives about 10 miles and 30 minutes of traffic jam east.
Attachments
IMG_6477.JPG
IMG_6477.JPG (133.16 KiB) Viewed 4092 times
wschmechel

Post by wschmechel »

FINALLY saw another Buddy besides mine today!! I've been riding it to work each day above 40 degrees (which hasn't been nearly enough in Green Bay!).

Anyway, white Buddy spotted on corner of 9th & Main Ave in De Pere WI. I gave him a point and he gave me a thumbs-up!

Can't wait to see more of us out there!
JAEGER

Re: Tricked Out Black 125

Post by JAEGER »

GearsAndSuch wrote:Parked outside of Reston Trader Joes on Wednesday. Nifty bar end mirrors. Thought it might be the fabled Mothership, but I'm pretty sure that it lives about 10 miles and 30 minutes of traffic jam east.
Hey! That was me! A lady outside said someone had just taken a picture of my bike, and then I noticed the red Buddy with the windshield parked just down the way. I was wondering if it was one of y'all! :D

I actually live and work in the Reston/Herndon area. I'm more a motorcycle guy, but the Buddy is perfect for my 3.8-mile commute and for buzzing around Reston. :)

Glad you like the mirrors -- I have 'em on my Triumph too, and had them on my old SV650.

Cheers!

--Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 // 2013 Genuine Buddy 125
www.blackletter.org
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Saw an orange 125 at 3rd and Mission in San Francisco. It looked like it had a orange horse head on the front!
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Another Buddy in OKC. This time it was a Pamplona on May Ave south of 63rd. My wife and I were out on our scooters riding in the opposite direction.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

2 more sighted separately at the arts festival in downtown OKC. One white Buddy and one seafoam Buddy.
DanielPerrin

Post by DanielPerrin »

jrstone wrote:2 more sighted separately at the arts festival in downtown OKC. One white Buddy and one seafoam Buddy.
You are doing very well seeing these in OKC. :D
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

I see them all the time now that I have one!
chas

Post by chas »

Female rider on a red Buddy 125 seen on Redhill in Tustin on Friday night May 3rd.

I was on the black Buddy 125 and I was wearing a helmet with The Misfits skull logo on the back and we raced for a few lights. You absolutely refused to make eye contact with me (or acknowledge me for that matter) but seeing as you were approximately 3 feet away from, I'm fairly sure you noticed me.

I had fun racing, by the way.
Icecreamman

Post by Icecreamman »

saw a black 50 in town the other day

that red spring on the shock is pretty sharp
Uncle Groucho

Post by Uncle Groucho »

Yesterday afternoon, around 5:40 on Lavista Road near Northlake. Orange 125 with top case.
"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"

rick71454

Post by rick71454 »

Hello BuddyLand:

Just saw a Buddy 170i right behind me as I was driving my car. It had that distinctive white vertical racing stripe on the front.

I was on southbound Interstate 5 on the east side of the Willamette River in Portland Oregon. The rider was clocked by me going 55MPH.

Rick71454
Rob

Post by Rob »

Well, this isn't exactly my area, but I worked at our Sierra Pines office in The Woodlands, TX this week. On Wednesday, I noticed this Blackjack in the parking lot. I never did see the scooterist.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
hackett

Post by hackett »

I recognize that one! That's Jaylin's. She's a member here. Took it to Bonneville. viewtopic.php?t=23348&highlight=bonneville
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
Rob

Post by Rob »

hackett wrote:I recognize that one! That's Jaylin's. She's a member here. Took it to Bonneville. viewtopic.php?t=23348&highlight=bonneville
I wondered if the scoot owner might be a MB member. Thanks for filling in that detail. Perhaps I'll send her a PM to let her scoot was spotted. :D

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Jaylinb

That's Maverick!

Post by Jaylinb »

Rob wrote:Well, this isn't exactly my area, but I worked at our Sierra Pines office in The Woodlands, TX this week. On Wednesday, I noticed this Blackjack in the parking lot. I never did see the scooterist.

Rob
Hey there! Yes, he's my scoot. I work in that building and ride him almost every day. I'm planning to go back to Bonneville this year to break his own record and set some more on a new bike.
Good to know there's other MB members in the area. Let's do lunch.
- If we never do what we've never done, we'll never have what we never did. Do something new!
Rob

Re: That's Maverick!

Post by Rob »

Jaylinb wrote:Hey there! Yes, he's my scoot. I work in that building and ride him almost every day. I'm planning to go back to Bonneville this year to break his own record and set some more on a new bike.
Good to know there's other MB members in the area. Let's do lunch.
Interesting read on the Bonneville. Good luck on hitting the record book again this year!

Lunch sounds great. Only problem is that while I'm typically in Houston one week a month, I'm generally south of Houston in the Deer Park area (stay in Kemah). However, I get up to Sierra Pines once or twice a year (the traffic from south Houston to north is really nasty ... as I'm sure you already know). Anyway, the next time I'm up there, I'll shoot you a PM and we can go from there.

Rob
- Steven Wright
Poiks

Post by Poiks »

I'm in the North End, Boston (Little Italy) for dinner and I have walked past 4 Buddy's and 1 Vespa.
Tam Tam

Post by Tam Tam »

At 430pm, rolling down Breeden Ave., right by my house. A smooth orange buddy with black racks and crash bars. My blackjack was parked in the yard, behind a wood pile.
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
DariaSen

Post by DariaSen »

Not a Buddy but a Blue Stella spotted on Nichols Ave (108) in Trumbull CT around 4:45pm Friday.

If you heard a high pitched squeal that was me in my cage letting out a FanGirl SQUEE! I was so excited to actually see one out and about in the area.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

I saw a baby blue Buddy 50 on Broadway here in Fort Wayne. This was on the evening of May 19th.
Dracolibris

Louisville, CO

Post by Dracolibris »

All right, is anyone here the person who has been parking their Italia International on the sidewalk in front of the Louisville Public Library this week? If you are, you should stop in and say hi!
Knowledge is free at the library. Just bring your own container.
hackett

Post by hackett »

Spent a lot of time at Methodist Children's Hospital this week. :/ Repeatedly saw a silver 170i and a cream Stella in the motorcycle parking in the garage.
"The final measure of any rider's skill is the inverse ratio of his preferred Traveling Speed to the number of bad scars on his body." --HST
musiclvr12

Post by musiclvr12 »

I believe I saw a Buddy in Folsom, CA yesterday at the city's California Family Fitness on Oak Avenue Parkway in the parking lot around 3:15 pm (I think it was green with a white-stripe 170i).
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Chick on a green buddy 170, riding with a dude on a red Vespa at Winchester and Campbell at around 535pm on Friday night
TVB

Post by TVB »

The limited-edition Lemonhead Buddy has a number of non-admirers on this forum, so I want to point out that I just spotted one in the wild. As I was sitting on the front porch with a beer, two young women rode past my house, on Lake Drive in Grand Rapids. I didn't get a good look at the lead scooter as they passed (it could have been a Buddy) but the trailing scooter was unmistakably a Lemonhead.
wizardboy166

Red Buddy 50 near my street

Post by wizardboy166 »

Saw this about 4 or 5 days ago. I live in a small town in between Kansas City and St. Louis, home of MU. I live close to campus and just started looking into getting a Buddy since my dad said I should get a scooter to use instead of my crappy Jeep. Anywho, the closest dealer is 2 hours away in St. Louis, so it is pretty surprising to see one. I actually called the dealer the next day to see what they had in stock and nearly freaked out when they said the very first Buddy they sold was the one I saw here in Columbia. I seriously hope I can get one! If the person I saw is on here, let me know! I need any info on where to get it serviced here if I get it! :)
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Spotted a Buddy Pampalona 150 hanging out behind Fini's Landing on Swan Rd near Sunrise Dr. It had company with a black and silver Vino. Didn't recognize either bike, but I didn't have SIRs business cards on me to leave with them.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

last feburary my GF spotted someone riding off on her scooter at 5 am when she when out the get the milk from the front door. good thing was she always filled it before she went to work, so it was empty and didnt make it 1000 yards.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I'm at a conference in Minneapolis this week and saw 3 Buddies parked on the sidewalk downtown. It was near the Panera. Had to go there cuz Potbelly is closed on Sundays!
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
PeteH

Re: Red Buddy 50 near my street

Post by PeteH »

wizardboy166 wrote:Saw this about 4 or 5 days ago. I live in a small town in between Kansas City and St. Louis, home of MU. I live close to campus and just started looking into getting a Buddy since my dad said I should get a scooter to use instead of my crappy Jeep. Anywho, the closest dealer is 2 hours away in St. Louis, so it is pretty surprising to see one. I actually called the dealer the next day to see what they had in stock and nearly freaked out when they said the very first Buddy they sold was the one I saw here in Columbia. I seriously hope I can get one! If the person I saw is on here, let me know! I need any info on where to get it serviced here if I get it! :)
St. Louis' first Genuine dealer just closed its doors recently, as the owner is making a pile selling off the corner building and lot for a new QuikTrip. Flying Tiger just down the street took over the inventory and franchise. I don't have personal experience with them yet, but they are well-spoken-of. They do all the maintenance on the local college's MSF class fleet.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
Southerner

Post by Southerner »

No Buddys to report today but while making my long country commute home, I saw a Morphous on US 80 in Ladonia.
C2

Post by C2 »

A Pamplona parked on Ventura ave in Palo Alto. I was beginning to think I was the only Buddy owner in this town ;)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Black Buddy parked at the in-neighborhood entrance (Alvarado Road) to Cheswick park... just 2 houses down from me, yesterday at about 2pm?

Seeing more and more scooters in my neighborhood... I think there's at least 3 Ruckus owners, one Buddy, and a chinese scoot... it used to just be me and my friend Paul 8)
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

VinylDoctor wrote:last feburary my GF spotted someone riding off on her scooter at 5 am when she when out the get the milk from the front door. good thing was she always filled it before she went to work, so it was empty and didnt make it 1000 yards.
Wow! People still get milk delivered?
koyla87

Post by koyla87 »

So many scooters in San Diego! Buddy Sightings almost everyday

Mines the BlackJack
Attachments
rsz_4img_2170.png
rsz_4img_2170.png (141.47 KiB) Viewed 3528 times
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I was on my way home (driving a car) and saw a pink Buddy pulled off to the side of 128th Ave in Thornton. It's a busy road with no shoulder or bike lane, so the scooter was just pulled off to the side of the right lane. At first, I didn't see the rider but then saw someone sitting under a tree; it's really hot in Denver right now!

I pulled a u-turn to go back and make sure everything was OK and see if she needed help pulling the scooter up on the sidewalk. Turns out her rear tire blew and she was waiting on friends.

I asked if she was on MB but she didn't know anything about it so I gave her the details and she asked if I had a scooter. We chatted for a while and after telling her I lived in the area and the distance I ride to work and the miles I have on my scooter, she tells me she lives close by and rides up to Frederick quite a bit. Turns out, she has 32K miles on her 50cc Buddy! Hard to believe she's never heard of MB; guess she's too busy riding. :wink:
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Potent Pink Buddy 50 on 3rd Ave S and 5th St S Downtown Minneapolis.5:45 this afternoon CDT. At Government Plaza, basically. This was the FIRST Potent Pink i have seen in the wild.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

This has been a couple weeks ago, and I forgot to mention it. Saw a guy on a Blackjack going north on Hefner Parkway in Oklahoma City. Who are you? And are you OUT OF YOUR MIND? :lol:
GearsAndSuch

Another Blackie

Post by GearsAndSuch »

A few weeks ago, while riding my coffee fuelled two wheeled contraption on the W&OD trail across Spring Street in Herndon, I saw a black Buddy with a top case cruise through the intersection and then turn into the business park. I'm pretty sure it was not a 50 by the sound.

Coffee being in short supply, I did not attempt to track down the scooter or rider.
JAEGER

Re: Another Blackie

Post by JAEGER »

GearsAndSuch wrote:A few weeks ago, while riding my coffee fuelled two wheeled contraption on the W&OD trail across Spring Street in Herndon, I saw a black Buddy with a top case cruise through the intersection and then turn into the business park. I'm pretty sure it was not a 50 by the sound.

Coffee being in short supply, I did not attempt to track down the scooter or rider.
That was probably me. I work in that office park. ;)

--Jaeger
"Exterminate all rational thought. That is the conclusion I have come to." -- Bill Lee, Naked Lunch
<<NEUTIQUAM ERRO>>
2003 Triumph Speedmaster 904 // 2013 Genuine Buddy 125
www.blackletter.org
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

Orange Buddy 125 in the Wal-Mart parking lot-8/23. Was on my Zuma 50. Met the owner and told him he had to join the forum. Had the most awsome, homemade rear rack ever made. Looked professional. I have a old phone and could not get a good picture of said rack. We have all had 1 (or3) OEM racks fail, you could stand on this thing and I know it would not crack!
Ninjasurfergirl

Post by Ninjasurfergirl »

I finally saw another Buddy in Savannah!
It was a St. Tropez, probably 3 weeks ago in the parking lot of the new Chick Fil A on Victory.
I wanted to post but couldn't find this thread :)
sve

Post by sve »

I saw an italia today in Fredonia, NY; is that anyone on here?
theflash784

Buddy Sightings in your area

Post by theflash784 »

Friday August 23,2013 about 1 pm I saw a red Buddy with a matching topcase on Avon Rd (23 Mile) and Rochester (M-150). I bought my Buddy three years ago and this is the first time I have seen another other than at the dealership!
qballfc

Post by qballfc »

Blackjack and Pampalona on Santa Clara Ave by the Italian Festa in San Jose on Saturday. Excited as it's the first Blackjack I've seen on the streets(besides mine of course).
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I keep seeing a black buddy ride around in my neighborhood. Black helmet, red top case (I think?). I keep wanting to wave at but I'm never at a spot he can see me, and he's never seen me on my Buddy...
theemptythrone

Post by theemptythrone »

went over to a family friends the other day, turns out after seeing my roughhouse his gf went out and got this.