How-to Remove & Install Rear Wheel

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootCorps

How-to Remove & Install Rear Wheel

Post by ScootCorps »

Hey everyone, last night on the way home from work must've ran over something cause I had a puncture on my rear tire. After walking my Blur 220i home 5 miles, I need to take the rear rim off to get a new tire mounted. (thinking either Vee Rubber VRM119C or Michelin Pilot Sport SC-suggestions/oppinions appreciated)

Has anyone else taken off their rear rim yet?
What am I dealing with?
I've R&I'd rear rims on other scooters but they had rear drum brakes and are conventional set-ups.
I am pretty capable and would like to avoid paying for the whole scooter be towed just for a damned rear tire to be replaced.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
relenger

Post by relenger »

I have not removed the tire on a blur yet. but I have looked at it. if I remember right your exhaust needs to come off, along with the caliper. then the swing arm. you should be able to remove the tire from there. take a picture after removing each item so you have something to double check when you put it back together! plus post a nice how to here.... or at least the pictures. if you need any help along the way just ask. I can run out and double check on my blur.
Rush

Post by Rush »

I'm in the same situation. Will need to replace my rear tire by the time I get to 10k miles. Got a solid 8.5k miles on it now. Front still looks fine. Eager to hear how difficult it proves to be.
ScootCorps

Rear Rim R&R

Post by ScootCorps »

Thanks guys,
I blame myself for this because I should've been carrying a emergency repair kit. I am going to plug the tire for the time being then find a nearby shop that is capable of mounting my replacement Vee Rubber tire.
As soon as it's time, I'll take pics & document the job as best I can.
wish it was as easy as my old Honda CL360. lol
Rush

Post by Rush »

Check out the fourth post in this thread... as long as you are logged in....it includes downloadable powerpoint file showing each step in the process!

:arrow: topic21240.html
relenger

Post by relenger »

Rush wrote:Check out the fourth post in this thread... as long as you are logged in....it includes downloadable powerpoint file showing each step in the process!

:arrow: topic21240.html

Nice!
ScootCorps

Post by ScootCorps »

Rush, you're awesome.
Thank you.
I have not gotten around to r/r'ing the rear wheel yet as things have gone into overdrive with the wedding and the house-hunting.
For the time being, I have plugged the hole and monitored for a strong seal.
so far, so good. I have to say that the Stop & Go Tire Repair Kit looks to be a strong roadside companion.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BB ... UTF8&psc=1
I am really loving this scooter!
it's no P200e, but once you get over the cvt, it's just begging me to tinker over the next winter.
Next I think I'll turn my attention to the trans.