NBR - Playoff hockey games without cable TV

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BootScootin'FireFighter

NBR - Playoff hockey games without cable TV

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

My local team is hot this year. Once again, another playoff season where I don't have cable. This is my only regret about letting cable TV go a few years ago, missing some big sports events on occasion. I tried finding a way to live stream online, but I'm getting dead-ends. NBC sports is supposedly the provider, but to watch, I need a cable subscription and have to sign in. The local network is MASN, and nothing available on the rabbit ears. I get to watch at work, but alas, games are falling on my off days. Right now, I'm listening on local radio. I don't feel like hanging out in a bar or restaurant, because at that point, I will end up spending more than a month of cable TV would cost in just one night. I would like to just stream it from my laptop or my iPhone. Even if it costs a couple of bucks, like $5 or $10 a month to stream NHL. Anyone able to help?
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

I just got rid of my cable and am in the first days of making the adjustment to life without. So no NHL here either. But then the Leafs (my team. I'm duty bound to root for them.) were only available for viewing on the NHL Network anyways, which I've never subscribed to.

So anyways, I just finished listening to the Leafs lose. (Again. Sadly I'm used to it. We've been waiting for them to win something, anything, since 1966). I found a live audio stream of the game over the internet which was kinda funny really, using the new fangled internet to have an old school radio experience. The same website that I found the streaming apparently does rebroadcast the video of the games after the game is over, but there is no live stream.

My only hope is the Leafs will survive long enough to appear on a major network. I do get all the major networks using my HD antenna so I'm good for those.

My bigger concern is how to watch MotoGP racing without cable? It's a pricy subscription to get live streaming for just a few races.

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Try either of these:

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/ice-hockey.html

http://atdee.net/

You gotta deal with some pop up ads unless you use full screen.
Mighty Ohio Scooter Club

Keys

Post by Keys »

Don't want cable. Haven't had it for years. More music in my house and more time to accomplish that which I'd like to accomplish. Fabulous tradeoffs for eschewing popular culture.
"Life without music would Bb"